Official Football Thread

Well, I have always liked Moyes, but I see the problem in getting a manager whose biggest achievement is a lost FA cup final and a 4th place in the Premier League.

@Black Wizard : Regarding Mourinho, my reaction when his name has been brought up in discussions about Fergie's replacement has always been "hell no". Among other things for the reasons you mention.

Mourinho would've been terrible and wouldn't last long.

I don't hate Moyes, I'm just not a big fan of his. Maybe he'll be better when he strengthens the squad with players he likes.

I just hope his talk about "maybe not strengthening in January" and "we have a good squad" is tacticery rather than reality. A quality signing now would serve as a boost to the entire squad, not only to the position in which a new player would fit in. Just see what Özil's arrival seemed to do with the confidence of the Arsenal players ...

Kagawa was bought for that type of role. Unfortunately he's been played as a winger for so long, he's lost his confidence and form ... All his best games have been when he's been played as an attacking midfielder, down the centre.

I think it will take a couple of years to get the squad the way he wants it. I can't see him doing a Manchester City and spending £150M in the summer. I expect them to continue being inconsistent for the rest of the season, although I think they'll overcome Sunderland in the second leg then anything could happen in the final against Manchester City. I don't think they've got a hope of winning the Champions League this season but they should get past Olympiakos fairly comfortably. I'm not sure about Champions League football next season though,

I think Juan Mata would do wonders for United and he's having problems with Chelsea as well. Although rumours say that PSG are very close to signing him, they came in very close in the summer transfer window as well.

I think Juan Mata would do wonders for United and he's having problems with Chelsea as well. Although rumours say that PSG are very close to signing him, they came in very close in the summer transfer window as well.

I wanted Mata in the summer, but I think BW is right - Mourinho would not want to sell him to United. Now that he stayed last summer, I think the train has left the station and he's not going to another Premiership club. PSG more likely.

If that deal does go through, PSG is officially a contender for the Champions League championship.

Blaise Matuidi-Javier Pastore-Juan Mata
Ezequiel Lavezzi-Zlatan Ibrahimovic-Edinson Cavani

A deadly combination.

Kagawa was bought for that type of role. Unfortunately he's been played as a winger for so long, he's lost his confidence and form ... All his best games have been when he's been played as an attacking midfielder, down the centre.
I completely agree. When Kagawa first signed with Man U, I was so frustrated because I was sure he would help them win a premier title. But I am loving this. I'd rather see Arsenal lose the London derbies to chelsea and tottentham for the next decade if it meant Arsenal beating both teams from Manchester for the next decade. That's how much I hate them.

I completely agree. When Kagawa first signed with Man U, I was so frustrated because I was sure he would help them win a premier title. But I am loving this. I'd rather see Arsenal lose the London derbies to chelsea and tottentham for the next decade if it meant Arsenal beating both teams from Manchester for the next decade. That's how much I hate them.

I'd trade losing all matches against Blues, Spurs, United and City for an Arsenal championship. I'm an Arsenal fan, not a Chelsea/Tottenham/Man Utd/Man City hater.

I'd trade losing all matches against Blues, Spurs, United and City for an Arsenal championship. I'm an Arsenal fan, not a Chelsea/Tottenham/Man Utd/Man City hater.
yeah that's stating the obvious, I'd trade in many things to see Arsenal lift a trophy(specifically the champions league)Now what's the status of Podolski and Giroud, how healthy are they? It seems like Arsenal has the most injuries in English football for the past 6 years.

Back