Official Football Thread

Have you pulled or something Wingman?

Anyway, you could have said it was a toothless performance...

Your thoughts on Manchester United's title and top four prospects?

I'm just getting back to speed in small steps. First participation in the 100,000 thread, then other threads. I have other forums where I discuss football, thus don't expect me to comment on every United game here.

Title? Not this year. Top four? Still possible.

In other news, here's Vincent Tan's expectations for the new Cardiff manager:

Bc-j-Z3CQAAcjtQ.jpg

Most people think it's cool that we finally get a new Norwegian managing a Premier League club (remember, the EPL is big here). Solskjær has done a very good job with Molde in creating a winning culture there - they have been an "almost good enough" club as long as I can remember, now he has led them to two leagues and a cup title in three years and people have been expecting him to leave for the Premiership for more than a year. There was some fuss in the summer of 2012 about him taking over Aston Villa, but in the end he decided to stay.

Of course people are skeptical of the Cardiff owner, who from the outside looks a right clown - but apparently he has managed to convince OGS that it is possible to have a professional relationship to him.

Well OLG has started well at Cardiff! They beat Newcastle 2-1 in the FA Cup and in true Solskjaer style both Cardiff goals were scored by substitutes!

Some other interesting scores in the FA Cup:

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Manchester City
Aston Villa 1 - 2 Sheffield United (United's first goal was scored by Motherwell legend Jamie Murphy)
Everton 4 - 0 QPR (Nikica Jelavic scored!)
Southampton 4 - 3 Burnley
Wigan 3 - 3 MK Dons

And one of the things that sucks about not living in England anymore is that I can't watch FA Cup games on ITV.<_<

Cool that OGS got a good start. He must win the first league game (West Ham at home), because after that match come two consecutive trips to Manchester ...

Also: Rochdale - Leeds 2-0. Mwahahaha.

Next up is Arsenal vs Tottenham. Spurs are fielding a pretty strong starting eleven, this could be interesting.

Why does Arsenal face tough teams in early stages in just about every competition? Dortmund and Napoli in Champions League Group Stage, Bayern München in Champions League 2nd Round, Chelsea in League Cup 4th Round, now Tottenham in FA Cup 3rd Round.

They are cursed. Manchester United have the opposite situation as they usually get easy games.

My ITV problems have been resolved as tvcatchup.com only streams English ITV. :)

And the top flight team (usually Aston Villa) probably rolled over more often than not. :P

The North London Derby was pretty tame today. Tottenham were, to be brutally honest, shit.

I'm expecting something along the lines of "fuk u Spurs!!! Vive le Arsenal!!!

I wish that headbutt thing never happened. Zidane was too good of a player to be remembered by something like that. A true legend.

Eusébio is dead at age 71 ... Portugal's greatest player pre 2000 and the star of the dominant Benfica team of the 60s, which played five European Cup finals, winning two. (Eusebio didn't play in the first, the 1961 victory against Barcelona). A legend in European football.

Back