Official Football Thread

Greatest finish ever:

aKzG94O_460sa.gif

here in the states many women get mocked when talking tactics in baseball, american football. I mean what the hell does learning about a 4-3-3 formation make it a man thing only? I know the day we have a women referee in a american football game there will be a good portion of idiots upset. Who the fuck cares as long as the person knows the sport they are covering,coaching, refereeing it shouldn't matter.

Yeah, well apparently Malky McKay is barren and didn't tell Tan about it so Vince was pretty pissed off when he found out that McKay can't give birth to the Europa League.

I think it's safe to say that Luis Suarez is a Top 5 player in the world. Could even be Top 3. He could battle it out with Ibrahimovic. He's absolutely absurd this season.

I hate him and Liverpool, but he's certainly in Top 10 in the world. But honestly, he didn't score against Arsenal, didn't play against Manchester United and is yet to play against Manchester City and Chelsea. He must score/win against those last two to really prove his worth. Also, he only played one European season with Liverpool, and that was just Europa League.

Your hate blinds you, Night Prowler.

Your argument is an awful lot like the one that Rooney groupies use when Lionel Messi is having praise heaped on him. The argument that Lionel Messi couldn't score on a rainy night away to Stoke. The last time I saw that argument brought up Wayne Rooney had never scored at Stoke in any conditions.

I doubt you'd be complaining if AC Milan signed him. (And if we apply Forostar's opinion of AC Milan's squad than he'd fit right in. :P )

Of course I wouldn't complain. Balotelli + Suarez would be pretty monstrous. Balotelli would taunt defenders and Suarez would bite them :P

I hate him and Liverpool, but he's certainly in Top 10 in the world. But honestly, he didn't score against Arsenal, didn't play against Manchester United and is yet to play against Manchester City and Chelsea. He must score/win against those last two to really prove his worth. Also, he only played one European season with Liverpool, and that was just Europa League.

Well, he has scored against the other top teams before. I loathe Suarez, but it doesn't keep me from acknowledging the obvious. He is world class.

OK, most of his goals this season have been produced as Liverpool have steam-rollered bottom half teams at Anfield, but just look at how the guy plays. He makes difficult stuff seem easy.

Suarez scored 111 goals for Ajax. This put him in an elite group of players, including Johan Cruyff, Van Basten and Dennis Bergkamp, to score 100 or more goals with the club. Club career total: 208.

A draw between Arsenal and Chelsea could come in handy. Why, oh why do we have to wait until Monday to see that game? Why would they have a big London derby match played on a Monday anyway?

Television companies of course!

The stupidity of televisions companies knows no bounds it seems. BT Sport decided it was a good idea to have Aberdeen and Inverness playing each other at 5:30pm on the shortest day of the year in some pretty unpleasant weather. I'd get it if it was two teams close to each other but Aberdeen and Inverness are 100 miles apart and that coast road can't be nice in the rain and dark.

Well, they would get plenty of viewers if it was to be played on Sunday at 16:00 too. I see your point, but they usually don't put derby matches at Monday nights. That's why I reacted. It's unusual, although the motivation is obvious.

Back