Official Football Thread

You might want to take better care of your choice of words, then. I won't give two shits if Chelsea beats us and I won't laugh at them if we beat them. I'll just be glad for my own team.

Bahahaha.

Do you hate Galatasaray or are you just mad that we sent Juve home?

There's just no reason I'd be mad about losing to Chelsea in the 2nd round. Chelsea has millions of dollars to make them one of the richest football clubs in the world, Galatasaray is just a mid level football club from an economical standpoint. Chelsea doesn't have any restrictions in regards to foreign players (There are barely any English players in their squad!), Galatasaray can only have 10 foreigners in their squad. It there's anyone that can be embarrased, it's Chelsea if they lose to us. I know Juve should be.

Last edited:
How is my laughing at Galata losing any worse than
?

Spare me the comparisons. I know perfectly well where these clubs stand.

I guess you've missed the comments by the Italian media and Antonio Conte before the game. They disregarded us. They said we and Kobenhavn weren't challengers to Real and Juve. I haven't seen anyone related to Galatasaray disregarding Chelsea.

So? If you're telling me that I shouldn't take it personally, why should you be offended by what I said?

So? If you're telling me that I shouldn't take it personally, why should you be offended by what I said?

What? Where have I said that I'd be offended by your remarks or actions? If anything, I said I wouldn't be.

I'm not worried about statements that might be made by @Ariana in case we lose, we should be expected to lose.

I said it's just weird that you care that much about a world class, rich team beating a mid-major level club whom Chelsea doesn't even have a rivalry with. What are you offended by? I was offended by Juve coach's remarks.

What made you think I was going to make any statements in the first place? Why did you think I cared that much if they'd beat Galatasaray?

Of course I have complaints! If Juve loses, somebody has to take the responsibility. Now, since you're the closest thing to an enemy here, I might want to throw snowballs at you but since I'm a lady, I'll keep my composure and hope that Galata meets Chelsea in the next round.

Galatasaray - Chelsea
smile3508.gif

Is that not enough?

Oh dear. The first statement could not have been more tongue-in-cheek even if I had all my teeth missing.
The second one was a reaction to the first.

You did say you were gonna laugh uncontrollably later. Was that tongue-in-cheek, too? If everything you posted in regards to your way of looking at a possible Galatasaray draw and loss was tongue-in-cheek, it isn't my fault that this conversation led to where it has. Galatasaray is my local team, not an abroad team I support like Arsenal. Of course I'm gonna take offense.

My two cents:

There's something about kicking downwards vs. kicking upwards (don't know if that phrase gives the same clear meaning in English as in Norwegian, but never mind).

If Chelsea, one of the richest clubs in Europe, send Galatasaray out of the tournament, it's nothing more than what everyone expects. For a Chelsea fan to laugh at that would be like the big bully in the school yard laughing at a 3rd-grader who he's just given a beating. The one who supports the superior team simply is not entitled to that kind of laughing - except if the one who supports the smaller team has been very big-mouthed going into the game.

And it hits closer to home when the team in question is the one you support because they're from the city where you were born than if it is the team you support because you liked Gianfranco Zola/Steve McManaman/Ryan Giggs/Dennis Bergkamp ...

Back