Official Football Thread

I'd love to see Iceland qualify. Their players may have serious trouble with the heat and humidity in Brazil if they make it though!

I'll support Iceland too. I don't think they'll have a problem with the humidity - after all, they live on an island in the middle of the North Atlantic rain belt - but the heat? Yes, definitely :D

Contrary to the day prowler Portugal is too talented to lose to Sweden
France is my team so you already know what I think will happen
Romania because I don't want to see the Greeks advance
Croatia has more talent but that's why you play the game right

That Messi goal was stupid, we could've won. But I'm happy, considering how crippled with injuries our squad is atm.

I'm extremely pissed.
Stay off the vodka then.

It was a weird result. Arsenal dominated the match after going behind and didn't deserve to lose. Another odd result was Celtic winning and giving themselves hope of qualifying for the next round. A draw in Amsterdam and a win at home to Milan is not completely unlikely.

Milan were no great shakes at home to Celtic and they have a bit of a skeleton squad at the moment don't they? Plus Celtic beat Barcelona last season, and last season's knock-out rounds told us that Barcelona are a hell of a lot better than Milan. :)

Celtic-Milan is on 26 November. Unless someone gets injured again, all currently injured players will be ready by then.

NP, literally every big team that's been to Parkhead in the last decade has gone home pointless; so BW's point is bang on. They (Celtic) are far less likely to get that away draw, to Ajax --than beat Milan at home.

Celtic-Milan is on 26 November. Unless someone gets injured again, all currently injured players will be ready by then.
You are aware that Celtic have beaten AC Milan in the group stages recently as well as pushed them to extra-time in the knockout rounds yes? There is a real chance that Celtic could beat them. AC Milan are a far better team, nobody would dispute that (not even Neil Lennon), but Celtic are weird at home in Europe. They pull of big results at home time and time again.

You are aware that Celtic have beaten AC Milan in the group stages recently as well as pushed them to extra-time in the knockout rounds yes?
No, because that's not true. Milan beat them 2-0 in September, and they didn't play against each other in the Champions League for years. Both Milan and Celtic did beat Barca last year though.

Back