Official Football Thread

Or if we just beat Croatia in the first game - 3 points less for them, 3 points more for us - playoffs.

Nah, I'll support Belgium, they are my second favorite national team. Nothing against Bosnia, but Belgium has such a cool squad :)

I'd like to see Belgium do well and upset the main football nations but I think it's a bit early for this squad to win the World Cup.

I know the FIFA rankings are a bit of nonsense, but Scotland have moved up 28 places to 35th by beating Croatia. This must be their highest ranking for quite some time.

I think there's something to play for. As Flash said: seeded team (group head in their pool) in the World Cup. But it's not possible if Switzerland will win their game.
I'll be damned. Since we're one inch above Italy in the ranking, it's still possible. But very unlikely. If Uruguay will loose their play-off match against Jordan, then we've made it.

I'm going to support the European debutants, Bosnia!
For my home team, Croatia, I just hope they lose in additional qualification round. They suck, their coach sucks, and their football federation sucks.

Vive la France!!!! Les Bleus!! I support France. Henry is my all time favourite player and as a kid the 98 team was what made me fall in love with the game.

I used to support France when I was a kid. It was a joy to watch players like Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Zinedine Zidane, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira, Claude Makelele, Lilian Thuram, Marcel Desailly, Fabien Barthez.

Thierry Henry is my favourite player ever as well. :)

Zare, nice to see that you'll be supporting your neighbours Bosnia. How do the former Yugoslavian countries get on? Are the matches between them super intense?

I used to support France when I was a kid. It was a joy to watch players like Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Zinedine Zidane, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira, Claude Makelele, Lilian Thuram, Marcel Desailly, Fabien Barthez.
Joël Bats, Michel Platini, Jean Tigana, Jean-Pierre Papin, Laurent Blanc, Eric Cantona.

I just went back somewhere further back in time. I have fond memories of football in the 1980s and 1990s.

I think football doesn't get any better than the times you were experiencing it as a kid or a teenager. I was 6-7-8 years old in 2002-2003-2004 and those were the years I enjoyed the most.

Thierry Henry is my favourite player ever as well. :)

Zare, nice to see that you'll be supporting your neighbours Bosnia. How do the former Yugoslavian countries get on? Are the matches between them super intense?

Yeah, like Night Prowler said, matches aren't that intense, but stadium atmosphere is.
There's still a lot of nationalist scum on both sides venting out from the stands. Media doesn't help either, they have urge to make affairs and spectacles out of anything.

We're experiencing "problems" with our football in general, national federation, and league-wise. Corruption and stuff like that. I won't spam this topic. The relevant bit is that a decent amount of Croatian football fans won't shed a single tear over our lousy performance, and the fact that we might not end up in Brazil.

I remember your neighbours in Bosnia having similar feelings towards their football association. During the Euro 2012 qualification match between Norway and Bosnia in Oslo, they set off pyro while showing banners insulting their FA in various ways.

I suppose it is about corruption there as well.

Back