Official Football Thread

Kiessling and several other players act disappointed after the miss, how does the referee miss that? Maybe he had a bet going. :p

It's official: Januzaj signed a five-year deal with Manchester United today.

_70580798_football-adnanjanuzajgettyimages.jpg

Has everyone heard about the recent drama at Cardiff City recently? Their chief scout was sacked and replaced with a 23 year old who has no experience in coaching professional footballers. I've just heard a rumour that the chief scout was sacked because the owner wanted him to sign Fernando Torres who couldn't be persuaded to join Cardiff. :confused:

Has everyone heard about the recent drama at Cardiff City recently? Their chief scout was sacked and replaced with a 23 year old who has no experience in coaching professional footballers. I've just heard a rumour that the chief scout was sacked because the owner wanted him to sign Fernando Torres who couldn't be persuaded to join Cardiff. :confused:
Torres wouldn't get a game for Cardiff!!
The 23 year old that has been given the scouting role is the owners, sons, friend. Corrupt as f*ck

I guess the owners are really dividing opinions in Cardiff. OK, they have brought the club to the Premier League. But they have changed the colours of the team (!) and this latter thing makes it seem like they're running it in a ratehr unprofessional way. Pretty much like the Blackburn owners ...

In other news, Man United were the better team against Southampton for most of the game, but failed to capitalize on their chances to score a second goal - giving Soton a chance to snatch a point. Which they did, with minutes remaining. Crap.

OK, eight points off 1st place. Points need to keep flowing in from now on, if the title is to be within reach come April.

Did you catch the first goal Arsenal scored against Norwich today? One of the greatest goals ever scored, if I may say so.

Seems Arsenal have suddenly become good again. The purchase of a certain German may prove just as influental as when a certain Dutchman went north one year earlier ...

... and if I may say so: If United are not going to win the league this season, I'll much rather see Arsenal win it than Chelsea or Man City.

Like we won or was even close to a championship with Robin van Persie. Mesut Özil's presence is much more influential than RVP's. RVP scored many goals, Mesut changed the team's mindset. Having a vastly improved Aaron Ramsey and on-form Olivier Giroud doesn't hurt as well.

I really think we're gonna go all the way this year.

I laughed so hard when South hampton tied Man U I love it!
Random question@Flash but why have a lot of Turkish people chosen Germany as the country to move to? I know this isn't a new thing I just never bothered to ask why Germany over the other European countries?

Like we won or was even close to a championship with Robin van Persie. Mesut Özil's presence is much more influential than RVP's. RVP scored many goals, Mesut changed the team's mindset. Having a vastly improved Aaron Ramsey and on-form Olivier Giroud doesn't hurt as well.

I really think we're gonna go all the way this year.

Well, I think Van Persie added some extra confidence to the United squad at a crucial moment. That's why I compare his transfer to United with Özil's transfer to Arsenal.

Random question@Flash but why have a lot of Turkish people chosen Germany as the country to move to? I know this isn't a new thing I just never bothered to ask why Germany over the other European countries?

Germany were open to emigration because they needed cheaper workers. Bear in mind that most of those emigrated people were poor, uneducated people in Turkey looking for hope. Hence, I believe, some of the wrong assumptions about Turkish people in Germany and Europe in general.

Well, I think Van Persie added some extra confidence to the United squad at a crucial moment. That's why I compare his transfer to United with Özil's transfer to Arsenal.

Okay, I got it twisted. I thought you meant the influence from an Arsenal perspective whereas you actually looked from a United perspective. Sorry.

Germany were open to emigration because they needed cheaper workers. Bear in mind that most of those emigrated people were poor, uneducated people in Turkey looking for hope. Hence, I believe, some of the wrong assumptions about Turkish people in Germany and Europe in general.
I don't get how people make such bad assumptions on a group of people which leads to racism and classicism. Here in the states there's always a couple of white people angry and at the Mexicans entering illegally. They complain that they're taking american jobs. I have yet to see an american work for the minimum selling fruits on the streets but Mexicans do it to survive and don't complain. So how the fuck can they complain about taking jobs? Who are the maids cleaning rich white people's houses not another white person it's the Hispanic lady busting her ass that's who. The way I see it all these countries that were heavy into imperialism England, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain,United States, Japan all lost their right to complain about illegal immigrants because they are the reason our parents native countries are in the 3rd world. So here's the bill 1st class countries you pay for it you raped and plundered our countries.

Back