Official Football Thread

We're missing shitloads of chances to score. That's what happens when you have horrific strikers on your team, no matter how good you play, if you don't capitalize it means nothing.

We missed so many chances that I started laughing after a while. Not taking the match so seriously. :D

Our national team and everything surrounding it is becoming much of a soap opera lately. After a crappy qualification campaign, where the defeat against Switzerland meant zero chance for group victory, some in the top management of the Norwegian FA decided it was a wise time to sack Egil "Drillo" Olsen - with two matches remaining. And not right after the Switzerland match, of course. No, they did it a few days before the squad for the last two qualifying games was to be named. They appointed Per-Mathias Høgmo in his place - not a bad choice, as far as I am concerned - but he's a coach with quite different ideas about how we should play.

Then the match against Slovenia is played. Norway play some nice football but are toothless in the box and suffer from collective narcolepsy in defense. Slovenia win 3-0, and suddenly the media people are talking about how wrong it was to hire Høgmo now. Over the weekend, a lot more has surfaced about how some important people were not informed about the sacking of Olsen. Also, it is becoming very clear that he was sacked despite the story presented to the media was that he stepped down by mutual consent.

What a mess.

Right now, we're level with 1-1 against Iceland at half time. At home. What is worse is I'm not really expecting much more ...

Last edited:
I know. It's shocking. It wouldn't be a possibility if Norway had done the job against Albania ...OR against Slovenia.

Right now, the Iceland supporters are the only ones making noise inside Ullevaal Stadium ...

Even Scotland beat Iceland twice a few years ago. :P Iceland Under-21s were good a couple of years ago. I guess some of those guys made it into the senior squad.

John O'Shea just scored.:eek:

Imagine if Iceland made it to the World Cup. :P

2-0 Scotland! :clap: Everton legend Steven Naismith from a penalty rebound (taken by Barry Bannan). Apparently it was a soft penalty.

Imagine if Iceland made it to the World Cup. :p

Now that they're in the playoff, I'll support them. It would be really cool if they could make it to the World Cup! They could actually be the only Nordic country there ... would be like Northern Ireland being the only team from the British Isles in the tournament.

It would be even weirder if the Faroe Islands and Gibraltar made it! :P

I forgot that Gylfi Sigurdsson is Icelandic.:nuts:

And England are going to Brazil....

desk%20flip.jpg

Back