Official Football Thread

There's absolutely no way he can play for England, even if he becomes a British citizen. There's an agreement between the four associations of the UK and FIFA that allows a player with no blood ties to any of the four nations to become eligible for that country if he has lived there for five years and has gained an educational qualification in that country.
o_O I don't understand. o_O

I also hope Januzaj plays for Belgium, they are probably my favorite national team at the moment.

The football associations of Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England agreed with FIFA that a player with no blood ties to either of the four nations that make up the United Kingdom cannot simply become eligible for one of the countries simply from being resident in the UK. The player can become eligible for one of the four nations if he has lived there for at least five years and has gained an educational qualification in that nation.

Super easy yes?

Doesn't that mean Adnan Januzaj can be eligible for England in 2016? Considering he's been living there since 2011?

It's explained here: http://sport.stv.tv/football/242115...-uniteds-adnan-januzaj-cant-play-for-england/

The condition referred to in that article is "a minimum of five years education on the association's "territory" before his 18th birthday" which removed the original rule's condition of "continuous" education to allow Andrew Driver to play for Scotland (he never has since) so I was actually wrong when I said that a qualification was required:
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/andre...ly_cleared_to_be_picked_for_scotland_1_814807

Januzaj has only been at Manchester United for two years and can you really see David Moyes allowing a potentially world class player taking time out of football to go into education to make him eligible for England? The boy's contract expires at the end of the season so who knows if he'll still be here in three years?

I'll celebrate the day when Allegri gets fired from Milan. I hate him so, so much. What a goddamn moron. Please fire the idiot and hire Inzaghi or Gattuso, please.

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2720.gif

S4DN95o.gif

I love the Belgian team. My second favorite national team, definitely.
Mine too, probably. I have very fond memories of Belgium at the 1986 World Cup. It took Maradona to stop them !
They were a pain in the ass vs us in 1994 but I always followed them. It's been too long since they qualified for an European Championship or World Cup.
Last time: 2002!

yes: they did it!!

Last edited:
Cool. Cool. Cool. Van Persie scored twice. And his second was his 40th for the Netherlands which equals him with Patrick Kluivert who was the record holder. Van Persie celebrated his goal together with Kluivert, running at him and jumping in his arms.

Half time: 4-0. We're qualified for ages but don't sit back and do nothing.

Back