Official Football Thread

Our defense is so bad that I think Robben may even have his outburst against us. :D Probably our defensive lineup will be like this : Gökhan Gönül, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Bekir İrtegün, Ömer Toprak.

Ömer Toprak is fine but Gökhan Gönül is having the worst time of his career with Fenerbahçe, he's horrible but because we don't have a replacement for him, he'll play anyway. Same goes for Hasan Ali Kaldırım who also plays for Fenerbahçe. Bekir İrtegün also plays for Fenerbahçe and simply sucks ass. No talent at all, I'd say. His replacements are all injured, sadly.

Fenerbahçe has been playing horribly but just because they're a big club, they have their players in the national team no matter what. It sucks.

If the Netherlands play carefully, I expect a huge fiasco.

I have never heard of any of these players. Arda Turan, Tuncay Sanli, Nihat and Colin-Kazim Richards are the only current Turkish players I can think of.

I have never heard of any of these players. Arda Turan, Tuncay Sanli, Nihat and Colin-Kazim Richards are the only current Turkish players I can think of.

It's no surprise that you've never heard of them. Haven't you also heard of Rüştü Reçber or Emre Belözoğlu ?

Arda Turan is the most important player on the team right now. Nihat is retired, Tuncay plays for a mid-level club, Kazım is far away from being in the national team.

I remember Rustu Recber, he was the goalkeeper for ages. I have a feeling I should know who Emre Belozoglu is but nothing springs to mind.

I couldn't help but laughed at our starting lineup. Selçuk İnan, who is probably the most on-form player (and probably our second most valuable player) in the Turkish Süper Lig at the moment is not in the starting lineup but at the same time, some of the league's most off-form players (such as Mehmet Topal, Hamit Altıntop and Hasan Ali Kaldırım) are. We don't have a great team and we're trying our best to lower the quality.

Shame.

And we've just beaten you, 2-0. With a very young team! Van Gaal is really experimenting.
We certainly needed this victory, after the shitty Euro2012 and the bad friendly matches preceding this one.

And we've just beaten you, 2-0. With a very young team! Van Gaal is really experimenting.
We certainly needed this victory, after the shitty Euro2012 and the bad friendly matches preceding this one.

I expected a far worse scoreline. We actually had lots of chances to even win the game which is not good news for the Netherlands because our team is horrible and is far away from its standards.

Yeah, our team is close to its standards. <_<
It was an equal match. The Turks were powerful.

Check this line-up:

Krul, Janmaat (v.Rhijn/46), Heitinga (Vlaar/86), Martins Indi, Willems, Strootman, Clasie (Fer/50), Sneijder, Narsingh, v.Persie, Robben

Our team was as messy in ball posession as the players were young, but still under the circumstances I am very satisfied. Van Persie played the whole match and even scored! Important victory.

Next mission: Hungary, away in Budapest.

You haven't watched our games, have you ? This team is as horrible as it gets. The reason why we looked powerful was your display, not ours. I wouldn't be shocked if we hold on to a draw with Estonia.

And that young players thing doesn't really work against us because probably your youngsters would be stars in our team. Huge quality difference.

You just said you had a lot of chances to win the game. That should give hope.
So I take your condemning tone with a grain of salt.

Other interesting scores:

Wales 0 Belgium 2
Bulgaria 2 Italy 2
Iceland 2 Norway 0

I really hope this qualification will be the return of Belgium.
I greatly enjoyed them in 1986 (3rd place!) and I hope my southern neighbours will put themselves on the map again. Good start.

You just said you had a lot of chances to win the game. That should give hope.

Yes I did and I explained it's reason by saying that it was about the Netherlands' display. Anyway, I've seen my team play for a while and it's not promising. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Belgium will be back, I'm sure. They have a great generation.

Dammit. Scotland dominated against Serbia but never got close to scoring. It's all because Cautious Craig Levein wants to use Kenny Miller despite the fact that Scotland have better strikers available, one of whom he refuses to pick. What a load of bollocks.

Jussi Jaaskelainen 8 points, Winston Reid 6 points, Guy Demel 6 points but they're all in my reserves.

Damn.

Though it seems Danny Simpson won't play so I'll get 6 points as a consolation.

Edit : I also took out Gareth Bale who was doing nothing for me for weeks and of course, he scores this week. Of course.

528599_10151190965587107_322509901_n.jpg

Great display against Manchester United, three shots that hit the post. We lost 1-0 but I think we've showed our class in the game.

Back