Official Football Thread

I've played my wildcard this early in the season, hopefully I won't regret it. The team looks good, though.

Robin-van-Persie-Manchester-United-Shirt-Wallpapers-Murals-2012.jpg

:applause:

Top of the League!:nana:

Yo Night Prowler, am I right in thinking that you're Serbian? On Saturday Scotland have a qualifier at home to Serbia and I haven't a clue who plays for them apart from Vidic and Zigic.

Top of the League!:nana:

Yo Night Prowler, am I right in thinking that you're Serbian? On Saturday Scotland have a qualifier at home to Serbia and I haven't a clue who plays for them apart from Vidic and Zigic.

NP would help you better than me on that matter but you may also recognise Branislav Ivanovic, Aleksandar Kolarov, Neven Subotic, Gojko Kacar, Miralem Sulejmani and Zoran Tosic.

(And if I'm not mistaken Vidic doesn't play for the national team, he was retired, I believe. If he also was there they would have a great defensive lineup with Ivanovic-Kolarov-Subotic-Vidic.)

There are three possible candidates for the Serbian team who play in Turkey so I may help with them. Milos Krasic would probably play if he wasn't injured in the Champions League Playoff game between Fenerbahçe and Spartak Moskva. Two Gençlerbirliği players, Radosav Petrovic and Dejan Lekic are good probably they're on the squad, too.

Damn. It didn't occur to me that Ivanovic and Kolarov are Serbian.:eek: Some of the other names ring a bell so I guess they must have played for Serbia in the World Cup. It's such a damn tough group with Croatia, Serbia and Belgium. :( Although when you're struggling to be a second rate football nation then any group would have been tough.

Damn. It didn't occur to me that Ivanovic and Kolarov are Serbian.:eek: Some of the other names ring a bell so I guess they must have played for Serbia in the World Cup. It's such a damn tough group with Croatia, Serbia and Belgium. :( Although when you're struggling to be a second rate football nation then any group would have been tough.

I'm really curious about Belgium. They have an amazing generation but still are yet to compete at a high level. I'm really expecting good results from them in this qualification section and want to see them in the World Cup. They're powerful in every position. Thibaut Courtois, Vincent Kompany, Daniel van Buyten, Thomas Vermaelen, Jan Vertonghen, Moussa Dembele, Axel Witsel, Steven Defour, Marouane Fellaini, Dries Martens, Kevin de Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku and so on.

I've seen their game versus Netherlands where they dominated. We'll play with Netherlands on our first game but I'm not really optimistic. Netherlands seems to have a hard time nowadays but so do we. And they have stars, we don't.

Yep, I'm Serbian :D Vidic has retired, after being attacked by the media for missing a penalty last year. Zigic didn't retire, but current coach said he won't call him up. Our football is in total mess lately, so people here aren't expecting much. We have great defence (Ivanovic, Basta, Bisevac, Kolarov, Rajkovic, Nastasic, Subotic), but only a few capable midfielders and attackers, like Tosic, Tadic and Sulejmani, but that's it.

Yep, I'm Serbian :D Vidic has retired, after being attacked by the media for missing a penalty last year. Zigic didn't retire, but current coach said he won't call him up. Our football is in total mess lately, so people here aren't expecting much. We have great defence (Ivanovic, Basta, Bisevac, Kolarov, Rajkovic, Nastasic, Subotic), but only a few capable midfielders and attackers, like Tosic, Tadic and Sulejmani, but that's it.
A centre-back missed a penalty? Shock horror! I hope that was in a shoot-out though. There's no way that centre-backs should be taking ordinary penalties. Last night BBC Scotland got a Serbian journalist on the phone and he was talking about how bleak the situation is with the Serbian national team and that Sinsa Mijhalovic (close enough?) sent someone home for not singing the national anthem. If Scotland's players were sent home for not singing the anthem then there'd be nobody left.

A centre-back missed a penalty? Shock horror! I hope that was in a shoot-out though. There's no way that centre-backs should be taking ordinary penalties. Last night BBC Scotland got a Serbian journalist on the phone and he was talking about how bleak the situation is with the Serbian national team and that Sinsa Mijhalovic (close enough?) sent someone home for not singing the national anthem. If Scotland's players were sent home for not singing the anthem then there'd be nobody left.

The way countries look at their national anthems vary. In United States, they sing the national anthem as a song (with versions) and they move while its being sang. If it was a case here in my country, majority of the people would bash you. We sing our national anthem powerfully as a whole and by standing up perfectly straight. We even stop if we hear the national anthem while we're walking, I'm sure that's not the case with every country.

If I'm not mistaken, Sinisa Mihajlovic was a conservative man, so no surprises here, really.

We changed the national anthem 6 years ago, so some people still prefer the old one.
A centre-back missed a penalty? Shock horror! I hope that was in a shoot-out though. There's no way that centre-backs should be taking ordinary penalties.
Ofc, you're right. Vidic insisted he should shoot it though. Ofc I think he should come back, but I understand why he doesn't want to.

Or, the only team on the entire planet that have a 100% positive record against Man U is......Southend United.

Back