Official Football Thread

That's exactly what I thought when I posted the comment :D I was going to write a fourth captain just because of that, but I couldn't think of anyone.
Abou Diaby maybe. He plays about two matches a season, and no doubt Aaron Ramsey will be injured by Christmas and Jack Wilshere will suffer another setback.

It looks like Alex Song is about to move to Barcelona. Really Arsene? Really? All this time without a trophy and look at the list of players who he's let slip through his fingers: Hleb, Flamini, Toure, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie and now Song. Madness.

My team:
Starting lineup:
Vorm​
Assou-Ekotto, Taylor R, Shawcross, Riise​
Dyer, Walters, Moses, Larsson​
Van Persie (C), Rooney (V)​
Substitutes:
Ruddy, Graham, Simpson, Pilkington

P.S. I don't buy players from Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City.

My team (in blue the same selections as Night Prowler):
Starting lineup:
Szczesny​
Kaboul, Taylor R, Terry, Riise
Van der Vaart (V), Da Silva, Hoilett​
Van Persie (C), Odemwingie, Crouch​
Substitutes:
Schwarzer, Figueroa, Britton, Colback

P.S. I didn't buy players from Liverpool (and a few other teams).

I am pretty content with my midfield. Now I only hope these guys keep on playing (and scoring ;-).
@Nush: what do you think of my QPR pick?

I get over my hatred of Manchester United players because of a love of winning. ;)

My team:

Krul​
Skrtel Hangeland Lescott​
Sinclair Sigurdsson Larsson Milner​
Torres (C) Podolski (V) Jelavic​
Subs: Begovic, Scholes, Rangel, Jagielka​

Well I did the same last year and I almost won :D There are enough good players that don't play for teams I don't like ;)

My Team :

Petr Cech
Laurent Koscielny
Ashley Cole
Danny Simpson
Gareth Bale
Nathan Dyer
Samir Nasri
David Silva
Sergio Agüero (C)
Papiss Cisse
Pavel Pogrebnyak

Alex Song is officially out of Arsenal, terms agreed with Barca.

Fee ? I guess it's around 20-25 million euros, which is great.

Arsenal is the only team in EPL whose income is bigger than its outcome. I know we don't succeed lately but I'm pleased with the way Wenger handles the business. (handling the business ? :p)

@Nush: what do you think of my QPR pick?

Pretty good, if it's at a decent price. Hoilett's fairly inconsistent from what I've heard, but he should get goals and assists without getting yellow cards.

As far as what team's players I won't choose, it's only Chelsea scum I won't pick. Liverpool players I also won't pick, but that's because they're all shit.;)

:( Terrible start for QPR :(

Absolutely terrible, but also a little reassuring that no matter what happens at the club we're still rubbish.

Today was the first Dundee derby for seven years....

25148183.jpg

I got 13 from Nathan Dyer, 9 from Samir Nasri, 7 from Petr Cech and 6 from Ashley Cole this week. But on the other hand, David Silva sucked, missed a penalty and gathered no points, also my captain Sergio Agüero got injured early in the game. Not a great week at all.

Van Persie not in the starting lineup vs. Everton :( I hope he comes off the bench at least... Plus I set him as the captain in my team:censored:

Back