Official Football Thread

...and we're horrible. But you should get what you deserve, for that massive tank of luck you had back then  :D

Zare said:
...and we're horrible. But you should get what you deserve, for that massive tank of luck you had back then  :D

%60 luck, %40 heart. No other team would've answered back that quickly after conceding a goal at the 119th minute of a quarter final game. It wasn't all luck because, well, we did it on three games (Switzerland, Czech Republic, Croatia) + an almost (Germany) :D

Revenge of Arsenal by Manchester City. As an Arsenal fan, I'm glad with that result. I hate United, but don't feel anything against City.

Actually, I'm not glad with the result, it should've been 5-1 because with the goal at the last second, I lost my bet :D

What a fucking embarrassment :mad:

(Btw. @The Flash - everything OK with you? 'Cause I just heard that a huge earthquake struck Turkey.)

Night Prowler said:
What a fucking embarrassment :mad:

(Btw. @The Flash - everything OK with you? 'Cause I just heard that a huge earthquake struck Turkey.)

Yeah that's right. But I'm from the Black Sea region (Middle-north) and the earthquake struck in the Southeastern Region, the city called Van which has border with Iran and Iraq. So no problem for me, but I heard that there are huge destructions in Van and its neighbour cities.  :(

1. RokerRoar73 - 61, 464
2. Night Prowlers - 43, 437
3. Dynamo Winterfell - 54, 425
4. Blashyrkh Rangers - 28, 424
5. Ancient Mariners - 34, 383
6. Foro Stars - 61, 370
7. The Flash - 59, 360

Sorry Man U, but that was just plain embarrassing.

Interestingly, that is their worst defeat at OT since the 50's. The victor that day was Man City - scoreline 5-0.

Night Prowler said:
1. RokerRoar73 - 61, 464
2. Night Prowlers - 43, 437
3. Dynamo Winterfell - 54, 425
4. Blashyrkh Rangers - 28, 424
5. Ancient Mariners - 34, 383
6. Foro Stars - 61, 370
7. The Flash - 59, 360

Didn't login for 2 or 3 weeks. Best score of the week (together with RokerRoar73) and I moved up a place!  :)

I've been having trouble changing my password today. I wanted to change it to ManUs_defence_against_City but I keep being told it's too weak.

How funny that none of those who celebrate Mansour Al-Citeh's win at Old Trafford are actually City fans.

Not so funny to see half the team completely giving up the last few minutes of the match. At 1-3 there was still a tiny hope to make it exciting, and giving up in that situation is not the United way. Especially not against a rival.

Embarrassing.

EW, I didn't see the game but if that is what happened, then they only have themselves to blame.

But what disappoints me the most is Man City fans will not let this lie. Get used to the "6" cards being held aloft, ala cricket matches, for the foreseeable future.  <_<

What happened was just that. At 1-3, half the team were still working their asses off to get another goal and force City to work for the win. The others, including experienced key players like Ferdinand and Evra, gave up completely and let City do whatever harm they pleased on the counter-attack. I suspect Sir Alex was furious afterwards.

1-3 against a good team after having a man sent off after 46 minutes is tolerable. Hell, even 1-4 is acceptable if it happens because one is chasing 2-3. But conceding three goals in a few minutes? A disgrace. If these players do not give their absolutely best against Everton, I suspect they should get used to warming the bench.

Finally a good week on Fantasy Premier League for me. I got 80 points, thanks to Robin van Persie, Demba Ba, Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale. If I didn't pick Wayne Rooney but pick Sergio Agüero (I made that decision at the last second) it would have been an amazing week for me. Still is great, though.

I jumped up two places with this week's results  :yey:

1. RokerRoar73 : 530
2. Dynamo Winterfell : 489
3. Blashyrkh Rangers : 486
4. Night Prowlers : 467
5. The Flash : 440
6. Foro Stars : 429
7. Ancient Mariners : 429

Back