Official Football Thread

Damn Agüero was on my Premier League Fantasy team last matchday, I took him out and bring Dzeko in. Dzeko didn't even play this week, Agüero scored an hat-trick  :mad:

1. Night Prowlers - 51, 203 :innocent:
2. Blashyrkh Rangers - 43, 197
3. RokerRoar73 - 54, 191
4. Ancient Mariners - 31, 157
5. Dynamo Winterfell - 33, 149
6. The Flash - 38, 146
7. Foro Stars - 18, 121

The Flash said:
Damn Agüero was on my Premier League Fantasy team last matchday, I took him out and bring Dzeko in. Dzeko didn't even play this week, Agüero scored an hat-trick  :mad:

And I just realized that Dzeko was my captain, too.  :( Rooney and Nani saved me from having a disaster week. I hope I'll turn this bad form around.

10065259.jpg

:D
(Arsenal lost to Blackburn 4-3, with Song and Koscielny scoring own goals :lol:)

It doesn't make any sense. Arsenal played well against Borussia Dortmund, the German champions, and almost won but when they come up against Blackburn Rovers, the team bottom of the Premier League before kick-off, they collapse. Maybe it has something to do with who took charge of the team in the different matches...

Arda Turan (Atlético Madrid) with two great assists against Racing Santander yesterday. Radamel Falcao scored an hat-trick in the same game, but Arda was the man of the match.

I'm so proud of him, as a Turk and as a Galatasaray fan. He'll do better.

Black Wizard said:
I was a big fan of Arda Turan at Euro 2008. Until last Thursday I hadn't heard of him since then.

That's because Galatasaray sucked really hard last three seasons (5th, 3rd (but lost against Karpaty Lviv in Europa League playoff round), 8th) and Turkish national team couldn't go the World Cup 2010.

At least Turkey make tournaments most of the time. Scotland haven't been at a tournament since 1998. The manager who was in charge at the time, Craig Brown, is now in charge of the once great and current SPL strugglers Aberdeen and last night they were knocked out of the Scottish League Cup by East Fife (two divisions below Aberdeen) on penalties. How bad do the teams that Scotland played in qualifying for France 1998 look now?

Horrible day in Fantasy Premier League for me. I have 5 injured/suspended players + one that I transferred (-4 points :mad:).
Correction: 6 injured/suspended players + one that I transferred :mad:

1. Night Prowlers - 66, 372
2. RokerRoar73 - 29, 356
3. Blashyrkh Rangers - 47, 355
4. Dynamo Winterfell - 36, 321
5. Ancient Mariners - 47, 313
6. The Flash - 31, 272
7. Foro Stars - 29, 259

This is one of those nights when it's great to be a football fan. What an epic match! Euro 2012, here we come!

Strange match. And a rare defeat for the Dutch. The third since Van Marwijk has been the coach.

1. 2008: Australia wins (practice match)
2. 2010: Spain wins (the World Cup final)
3. 2011: Sweden wins (qualification match)

And the first qualification match defeat since 2007.

Congrats to Sweden!

Croatia vs. Turkey in the Euro 2012 playoffs. The revenge of the game in Euro 2008. As a Turk, I'd say Croatia is the favorite of this draw by a fucking mile. Not that they're amazing, because we're terrible at the moment.

Back