Official Football Thread

1. Dynamo Winterfell : 56
2. The Flash : 46
3. Blashyrkh Rangers : 45
4. Night Prowlers : 45
5. Ancient Mariners : 45
6. RokerRoar37 : 45
7. Foro Stars : 23

Cheers. I gladly did so. The weird thing is that after these transfers, when I look at the overview on my team field, the players do not correspond with the club names. E.g. Van der Vaart MUN and Cech WBA. I hope this will go right.

The three letter abbreviation is who that player is playing against in the next gameweek. Click on the 'i' for each player and it gives you a list of upcoming fixtures for his club amongst other things.

Black Wizard said:
The three letter abbreviation is who that player is playing against in the next gameweek.

Alright, thanks! To be honest, I find that piece of info double, unnecessary and distracting, rather than helpful.

Because there's already this:

Black Wizard said:
Click on the 'i' for each player and it gives you a list of upcoming fixtures for his club amongst other things.

Understood that but somehow I didn't "match" it with the other info.

167744_anri-varalica-blicsport_f.jpg

:D

Forostar said:
Alright, thanks! To be honest, I find that piece of info double, unnecessary and distracting, rather than helpful.
The game has changed from the way it was for the past two years hence the teething problems. I'm sure it'll all be sorted out and refined eventually.

Rigged game charges in Turkish football continues and a decision haven't made yet. The Turkish Football Federation just waits and I consider it as a sign of fear. Normally, Fenerbahçe would be relegated instantly in that situation, but the Federation simply can't do it now, they're trying to justify Fenerbahçe. (Fenerbahçe is a big club, so they're scared with the fear of league losing its value) The chairman of the Federation was supported by Fenerbahçe at the time of the election so that's really unfair here. The charges also covers Beşiktaş, Trabzonspor and some other Super League teams. Galatasaray, who is not charged with that situation, wants the Federation to make a decision as soon as they can and set forth their final opinion in scathing terms to Federation and now in a fight with the other teams. The Union of the Clubs wants Galatasaray to quit the union. Galatasaray don't surrender but the football in Turkey is really mixed up.

P.S. : Or maybe it's a sign of double standard. Because the chairman of Federation is a member of congress of Fenerbahçe and has seen wearing Fenerbahçe shirts back then.

green: up
red: down
black: same position

1 Blashyrkh Rangers Dominic Rogers  86
2 Dynamo Winterfell Philip Craig  81
3 Foro Stars Foro Star  67
4 The Flash Cagatay Yeni  66
5 RokerRoar73 Harry Job  65
6 Night Prowlers Night Prowler  63
7 Ancient Mariners Samuel Defroand  60

Updated:
1. Blashyrkh Rangers 105
2. Night Prowlers 89
3. Dynamo Winterfell 81
4. Foro Stars 77
5. RokerRoar73 75
6. Ancient Mariners 73
7. The Flash 69

What a terrible week. Just 23 points and now I'm on the least spot of the league. I didn't know that we're picking our players for the rest of the league except for transfers, I thought we were picking players per week. Now I took over a wreck.

I updated the table ;) Btw. I had 45 points in the first gameweek and 44 in the second one. The bad thing is that I have 4 injured players now :(

:edmetal: A World Title is nicer, but still.... this is a historical position (first time) and it gives some faith for the future:

Netherlands topple Spain in FIFA world rankings

The Netherlands leads the FIFA rankings for the first time after ending World Cup winner Spain's 13-month reign at the top on Wednesday.

The Dutch, World Cup runners-up last year, rose to the top spot despite not playing last month. Spain lost 2-1 in a friendly to new No. 7 Italy.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk welcomed his nation's status as the seventh country to lead the table in its 18-year history.

"We know it is tough to reach first place, but tougher still to stay there. That is a great challenge," Van Marwijk said.

The rankings take results across four years into account and have often proved difficult for fans to understand.

The current standings include points gained at the 2008 European Championship, which Spain also won. The Netherlands lost in the quarterfinals.

Van Marwijk said his team's main focus remains qualifying for Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine.

"We have to stay realistic. This is a snapshot, not a tangible prize," he said.

Europe holds the top four places, with Germany at No. 3 and England rising two places to No. 4 after also not playing. Its friendly against the Netherlands was canceled due to riots in London....

1 Holland (last month: 2nd)
2 Spain (1st)
3 Germany (3rd)
4 England (6th)
5 Uruguay (5th)
6 Brazil (4th)
7 Italy (8th)
8 Portugal (7th)
9 Argentina (10th)
10 Croatia (9th)
11  Chile (11th)
12  Norway (12th)

The Flash said:
Rigged game charges in Turkish football continues and a decision haven't made yet. The Turkish Football Federation just waits and I consider it as a sign of fear. Normally, Fenerbahçe would be relegated instantly in that situation, but the Federation simply can't do it now, they're trying to justify Fenerbahçe. (Fenerbahçe is a big club, so they're scared with the fear of league losing its value) The chairman of the Federation was supported by Fenerbahçe at the time of the election so that's really unfair here. The charges also covers Beşiktaş, Trabzonspor and some other Super League teams. Galatasaray, who is not charged with that situation, wants the Federation to make a decision as soon as they can and set forth their final opinion in scathing terms to Federation and now in a fight with the other teams. The Union of the Clubs wants Galatasaray to quit the union. Galatasaray don't surrender but the football in Turkey is really mixed up.

P.S. : Or maybe it's a sign of double standard. Because the chairman of Federation is a member of congress of Fenerbahçe and has seen wearing Fenerbahçe shirts back then.

Breaking news : Fenerbahçe is banned from the Champions League by UEFA. They would be in the Group Stage draw tomorrow.

LooseCannon said:
Wait, how did this team rig games?

It's still unclear.

----

Trabzonspor who finished the league at second place, has replaced Fenerbahçe. They would be playing with Athletic Bilbao on Europa League Playoff Round Second Leg tomorrow.

Back