Official Football Thread

Sorry guys, I'm probably too old for this.

Fucking hell. I am already busy for more than 15 minutes with this registration and it constantly fails. I think I have done something wrong and when I retry it, the site keeps bugging that my mail address already exists.

Logging in doesn't work as well.

(Most ridiculous option was -on the final page of registration- the question if I want to join the Fantasy League. Duh, why else did I start this, damn it.)

Forostar said:
(Most ridiculous option was -on the final page of registration- the question if I want to join the Fantasy League. Duh, why else did I start this, damn it.)

You're registering for the website, not for the game on that registration phase, Foro. And it asks you whether you want to join the game also or not.

Forostar said:
Sorry guys, I'm probably too old for this.

Fucking hell. I am already busy for more than 15 minutes with this registration and it constantly fails. I think I have done something wrong and when I retry it, the site keeps bugging that my mail address already exists.

Logging in doesn't work as well.

First of all, take a deep breath and count to ten. ;)

The same thing happened to me. It says your email address exists because you signed up to it a few years ago when we last played the game in this forum. Why you can't log in with that address is unknown to me though; have you tried the 'forgotten password' link?

I had the same password problem, fixed it, selected my team but I don't understand how the league works :( Can anyone explain it to me?

:ok:

Night Prowler said:
I had the same password problem, fixed it, selected my team but I don't understand how the league works :( Can anyone explain it to me?

What don't you understand: the whole concept of the game or the details of our league? Our mini-league will simply rank the teams in it according to how many points they have. If you need to know what the game's all about, the website itself will explain that better than I can (and at any rate I need to refresh myself on the specifics).

Harry Redknapp on the UEFA Cup: "You have to go to crazy places, but we'll give it our best shot and just give it a go."

The man has a point. Tottenham have drawn Hearts in the play-off round and there are fewer crazier places than Tynecastle at the moment. For those who aren't aware of events (or don't care) Hearts' owner Vladimir Romanov sacked popular manager Jim Jefferies three games into the new season (two good draws and a 1-0 defeat) and replaced him with some Portuguese guy nobody's ever heard of (he had a good first game in charge though). Hearts have now had something like seven managers in eight years and the owners policy of firing managers has given him the nickname Mad Vlad.

I did hear that they were pretty damn good and with an average age of 22, it don't bode well for the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.

Good luck to them. And the fact that a lot of Fergie's new breed of youngsters are English, pleases me.

Worries me. I will not be happy if the future England squad is good. We can't have young English players brought up on success, they might get a taste for it!

It would worry me more if these players allowed it to go to their heads and/or they end up being portrayed as the "best" - but their ego got too big and we end up being dumped out of another World Cup by a younger and better German team.

Naturally I understand the reasons, but I really looked forward to see England-Holland today, but alas.. it's cancelled.

Forostar said:
Naturally I understand the reasons, but I really looked forward to see England-Holland today, but alas.. it's cancelled.
It was really cancelled because Wayne Rooney wanted to join in the looting and steal some clothes from Primark for Coleen.

Great points from Chelsea (except for Anelka) and Manchester City players in the first week for me.

Joe Hart - 7
Joleon Lescott - 6
Ashley Cole - 8
John Terry - 8
Yaya Toure - 7
Nicolas Anelka - 1

I failed at picking the strikers, just 5 points.

There's something I didn't understand. Do we change the squads for every week, or do we create a squad and that squads goes on for all the season except for the transfers ? Which style of Fantasy game is that ?

Edit : Okay I got it.

I picked Steven Fletcher, Luiz Suarez and Robin Van Persie. Unfortunately Van Persie was my captain. But like Charlie Sheen I am winning.

Back