Official Football Thread

Eddies Wingman said:
But I know that Ajax are known for producing a huge number of great players.
As do West Ham (look at the current England squad). But West Ham don't have the same Domestic/European record as Ajax.

I would like to see the US progress (I have been mightily impressed by their character this World Cup), but I want to see an African nation progress more so. So, 1-0 to Ghana is good.

True, the Hammers have produced plenty of good talent. Had they been able to afford to keep their 2000 squad, they could have become a top side. I mean - Carrick, Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand, Defoe? They would have been contenders for a place in the Champions League!

LooseCannon said:
Clark is injured. He was playing hurt, and the coach thought he was ready. He wasn't.

I didn't know that. And I didn't notice it when he was going off either, he didn't look to be in any sort of pain - what kind of injury is it?

Eddies Wingman said:
True, the Hammers have produced plenty of good talent. Had they been able to afford to keep their 2000 squad, they could have become a top side. I mean - Carrick, Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand, Defoe? They would have been contenders for a place in the Champions League!
And John Terry.

But still ex-West Ham - but I see your point.

About Clark - he was on a booking and looking like taking an early shower. Let alone half-crocked. He was having a miserable night.

Second half has been all USA so far. I hope they get the equalizer soon. The momentum is all them.
DONOVAN!!!!!!!! 1-1!!!!

In terms of change of momentum, this looks more and more like URU-KOR. Ghana started best, scored early and dominated for half an hour, then the US started to take over and have dominated the first 20 after half time.

It remains to be seen if Ghana will now gradually take over again, now that the US have got their well deserved equalizer ...

Generally, every World Cup we will always get shots of Jagger attending the England games. Did he expect to see England tonight? ;)

Donovan's pen was unsavable.

Albie said:
Are you guys getting a lot of shots of Mick Jagger?

Have seen him a few times, yes. With Bill Clinton.

And extra time it is! Ghana didn't take over after the US equalizer, but they did at least get back in the game. It was a tense last 10 minutes, I think. It's anyone's game now.

Back