Official Football Thread

The CBC here, as of now at least, does not even mention the incident.  They're talking about the other game today as if this one is already decided.  Sheesh!

Genghis Khan said:
The CBC here, as of now at least, does not even mention the incident.  They're talking about the other game today as if this one is already decided.  Sheesh!

This doesn't surprise me. But all it takes is Park to get a break and then it will be tied. Park, at least, is a world-class player, in the top thirty in his position.
Cho Young heads it in! Uruguay has been terrible and they deserved to be scored upon!

And it is tied.

And that handball incident was most definitely handball and should have been a penalty. The defender raised his arm to block a shot - handball.

As soon as Uruguay stopped playing to merely keep the score line the same, they showed their true talent again.  They can turn it around easily.  Suarez makes one of the best goals in this World Cup, on a wet pitch no less.

Wonder what the Koreans were given at half time. They were remarkably aggressive until they scored. They didn't give Uruguay any time on the ball, no space, no moments of rest. I just wonder why they stopped it so quickly after the equalizer. They really invited Uruguay back into the match about the 70th minute. After that, Uruguay were again the better side.

I also think Korea Rep were very close to getting a penalty when Ki Sung-Yueng was tripped a couple of minutes before their goal. Evens out the handball that was not given before the break.

All in all a very good first 1/8-final, may the rest be just as exciting!

Is Louis Suarez the highest goal scorer playing for a Dutch club team?
Eddies Wingman said:
All in all a very good first 1/8-final, may the rest be just as exciting!

If the other seven games are this exciting, we're in for a treat.

For all I care, the afternoon game tomorrow can be as dull as dishwater.....as long as England win. :D

Seriously, Forlan is the player of the tournament for me so far.

Genghis Khan said:
As soon as Uruguay stopped playing to merely keep the score line the same, they showed their true talent again.  They can turn it around easily.  Suarez makes one of the best goals in this World Cup, on a wet pitch no less.

They got me angry these Uruguayans with the way they played in the 2nd half, I almost wished Corea to win...
Regarding Suarez.... He's a big footballer and I won't be surprised to see him in Barca or Real next year

Albie said:
Seriously, Forlan is the player of the tournament for me so far.

For me, too. His father made history playing for my team, São Paulo Futebol Clube, and he said that he'll play someday for us. Wish it was as soon as possible. :D

I just heard that Germany's Cacau is injured.  This along with Schweinsteiger and Boateng who are already on the injury list.  At least Close comes back from his red card suspension.
Albie, what's the answer to your youngest player question?

Jeffmetal said:
For me, too. His father made history playing for my team, São Paulo Futebol Clube, and he said that he'll play someday for us. Wish it was as soon as possible. :D

Jesus man, you're from Brazil ??  :blink:

Yes he is from Brazil.

No.5 what's the story with the French gov't wishing to have a role in the French national football team?  FIFA needless to say wants politics to stay out. 

You speak about president Sarkozy ?? I hate him. Yes, he wants to have a role in everything.
He's very clever though, he understands that football plays a certain role in country's life, a kind of its mirror sometimes as well. I hate him.

Oh, yeah. Ahahahahahahahahahah... It's a great place - despite all the hardships. Just take care with some places you go and don't get the word around you're a tourist in these certain places. But if you come over, you'll get very well received. There's lots of fun, beautiful women and an amazing culture for you to enjoy.

Genghis Khan said:
No.5 what's the story with the French gov't wishing to have a role in the French national football team?  FIFA needless to say wants politics to stay out. 

Well, if you are going to help out a bit with funds, that is one thing - I believe most countries do - if you are going to run the team, wtf!

Back