Official American Football Thread

Excited about this season ... go Bears!

Bears should have a good season. They have a lot of strong players returning. But may depend on Trubisky stepping up in his year two in the system, but he should be more comfortable now and able to execute better. Will also be interesting to watch rookie Montgomery and how they use him in thr play calling together with Davis. Expecting another dominating season from Mack :D

I think Montgomery will be a huge improvement. Howard just did not fit the offense last year and the running game was pretty hit and miss. Him, Davis, and Cohen will be a pretty tough trio to match up against

It's a much better core group of guys now for sure on the RB position that match the zone/gap playcalling of Matt Nagy better. And the defense is still very strong.

Vkings look good too though, so It should be an interesting competition to watch.

It is a tough division .. Rogers is Rogers ... Stafford is a good QB too ... Think I will be up in Chicago for the Dec 5 game versus Dallas

True. Stafford is very underrated. Packers need to keep Rogers healthy because they basically have no good back-ups and also they have a new head coach this seaon right? So it remains to be seen how they react on that - could be a build-up year.

True. Stafford is very underrated. Packers need to keep Rogers healthy because they basically have no good back-ups and also they have a new head coach this seaon right? So it remains to be seen how they react on that - could be a build-up year.

The Packers seem to be having a decline in play around Rogers for sure .. and if he gets hurt, they are totally hosed

Also, ain't gonna lie; I'm lookin' forward to seeing Antonio Brown suit up for the Raiders this season.

Did everyone see the new brick training video yet? :D

Also, he seems super motivated to play there and with the right attitude.

Last edited:
Rogers is Rogers
I don't know who that is...but Rodgers is Rodgers! :p Agree with the above comment that the Bears' fate depends on Trubisky making big strides in his third year. I still think this photo from last year (in the spoiler tag) is one of the funniest sports photos I've ever seen. See if you can spot the open receiver. (Trubisky didn't.)
screen-shot-2018-09-11-at-2-58-39-pm.png

Cousins better step his game up if the Vikes are going to go anywhere.

Maybe the Packers new coach will help. Rodgers should have retired after last year. I'm sure he's hoping to get another Super Bowl ring first, but a career ending injury sure wouldn't be worth it.

Rodgers wasn't able to play tonight due to back tightness. I can't help but wish he'd get a career ending injury so we can just get it over with and the team can rebuild.

I like my Eagles chances this year but Wentz has to show his promise and stay healthy.
Other than that i'll keep an eye on Cleveland. Super excited for them

Same. Well, I'm only in 1 other league, but if we can get at least 10 people or so, it's something that would be a lot fun.

Rodgers wasn't able to play tonight due to back tightness. I can't help but wish he'd get a career ending injury so we can just get it over with and the team can rebuild.

Im not ready to give up hope yet- but the window is closing. My fear (as a neurotic, overly anxious packers fan) is they will spend the for 8 games trying to figure out the system, and 'get everyone on the same page' or the dreaded 'get all phases in line' then they will string a few wins together only to lose a heartbreaker on wildcard weekend.

Back