Official American Football Thread

Any way to watch it in Europe?

Isn't it a waste of time anyway?

If we're talking NFL, it's strategy. Always go for one, you're behind and need to tie or overtake? Go for two. The rarity of the play is part of what makes it exciting.

Agree but on the other hand if the extra point is almost certain to be scored (95% mentioned by Collin above) getting rid of it (in the new league) makes some sense as well?

Agree but on the other hand if the extra point is almost certain to be scored (95% mentioned by Collin above) getting rid of it (in the new league) makes some sense as well?

I can agree with that. It'll be interesting to see how popular the league gets. After all the xfl and the langerie league enjoy fringe popularity at best.

I hope the league does well, I really hope it becomes a full fledged minor league for the NFL, which I think it really needs. It is a shame NFL Europe did not work out. I think there are a lot of players that flamed out in college, went to small schools, did not develop (mentally or physically) as early as some, coming back from injury, need a second chance, etc. It is really the only sport that is 100% dependent on college players for it's pipeline. It would be nice to have another (official) avenue into the league, if it gets to that point let teams assign practice squad or reserve/futures players to it. Smaller, but nice bonus is to test out rules changes (like extra points, onside kicks, etc), develop refs, coaches, as well. I think the AAF has a shot to be that given who is running the league.

It's been quite a crazy week...
Antonio Brown -> Raiders
Nick Foles -> Jaguars
Landon Collins -> Redskins ($84m? Really?)
Tyrann Matheiu -> Chiefs

That's just to name a few. Earl Thomas and Le'Veon Bell are still available. I was just glad Seattle was able to keep Frank Clark.

I'm actually quite concerned about the development of the AAF and the return of the XFL. I enjoy a few games of Canadian football each year and I suspect that this will drain the available player pool for that sport by a significant margin. That being said, I understand why they are looking at alternate leagues now - the NFL is flagging in popularity for the first time in a generation.

With everything that's happened this offseason, Cleveland might actually be the favorite to win that division next year. Crazy.
They are clearly the favorites now. Pittsburgh has lost their best offensive playmakers, Baltimore lost 4 starters on defense, and Cincinnati just kind of sucks. Cleveland is going to have one of the best offenses in league, possibly the best defensive line too. Seattle plays them on the road this year, might just have to mark this one up as a loss. :D

Has anyone checked out the new AAF? It's interesting because instead of an extra point, they have to try a 2 point conversion.

Just read an article today that it has shut down with 2 weeks left in the schedule. The NFLPA refused to "lend" the league young players to solidify it as a developmental league. The NFLPA claimed it violated terms in the CBA with the league.

How is the draft going for everyone's team?

I'm quite excited about the Seahawks addition of DK Metcalf.

Also Josh Rosen got traded to Miami. Quite the storyline there!

Digging the new NFL film session that the NFL got goin. Really nice to get play breakdowns from both players and coaches...Gotta watch on YouTube it seems!

Last edited:
Back