Official American Football Thread

Da Bears ... do not want to jinx them, but a Bears-Packers game is in the offing.
Awesome .. Bears v Packers, first post-season meeting since 1941, which of course the Bears won :)

Bad loss, though I am glad the Bears did not roll over like Atlanta, the Defense made a good showing and kept us in it.

I was pulling for Da Bears too for two reasons. 1. I know a lot of annoying Packer fans (SMX, you are NOT one of them!). 2. The extra security at the Super Bowl when Obama went would have been *hilarious*. It would have been 3 Texans and one Hawaiian/Illinoisian inside and 75,000 Texans outside wanting in.

The Bears Packers was one of the better playoff games-- otherwise, they have been pretty disappointing.  I'm picking the Pack.

670am has had callers ringing in all morning whining about Cutler going out of the game and trying to string him up.  According to the reporter that was there, Cutler didn't want to come out, the medical staff made him, then the Lovie said he wasn't going back in the game, but no one outside the side lines knew that...

The whole Cutler thing is stupid, he has been getting slammed befing a bad line all year and kept getting back up, if he was out it was because he was hurt bad.

I'm going to be rooting for the packers in this one. I'm not a big steelers fan at all.

OK, post your picks! Its about 2 hours to kick off...

Packers by 3, 27-24. Its gonna be a good defensive game with a few break away plays. I don't see any kickoffs/punts for a touchdown. But I think the Pack's WRs will be the game breaker.

If the game EVER starts after a vulgar display of patriotic ego masturbation... 4 hours later... ok it started... Steelers over Green Bay, however unlikely.

Yea that was annoying to watch.
Way to go Packers! :yey: :yey: :yey:

Lessons from this year's Super Bowl:

You can't turn the ball over three times and win a Super Bowl.
You can, however, drop several perfectly thrown passes and win a Super Bowl, apparently.
Aaron Rodgers is pretty darn good.  Green Bay made the right choice going with him over Favre.
Keisel's beard may be the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Polamalu still isn't totally healthy.
Fergie is a real butter face.  And cannot sing.
Slash will pretty much do anything for a paycheck.  
Super Bowls are not the same without cheerleaders.

cornfedhick said:
Lessons from this year's Super Bowl:
Fergie is a real butter face.  And cannot sing.
I think that had a lot to do with the sound quality. I think doing Sweet Child 'o' Mine was a bad idea. (Only Axl should do the Axl Dance) She tried to hard to sound like Axl. Besides that I thought she sounded OK. The other 3 guys were god-awful though.

I just read about Slash on another site. Didn't see it - I was using that time for a bathroom break. (And I took my time there, knowing what was on TV.)

Wish I'd taken a similar break for Aguilera. She really disappointed me, because she actually has a spectacular voice. Now if only she had some musical taste to go with it. She really stunk up the joint, and I'm not even talking about the botched lyric. Her melodic choices were just awful.

I wasn't paying much attention, was she really that bad?

I skipped half time.  It did get interesting towards the end, but the Pack played a good game.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Wish I'd taken a similar break for Aguilera. She really disappointed me, because she actually has a spectacular voice. Now if only she had some musical taste to go with it. She really stunk up the joint, and I'm not even talking about the botched lyric. Her melodic choices were just awful.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. And my post on the 100k thread about the half time show still stands...

Back