Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then something must be wrong.
Everything is fine, quite the opposite of such statements on this forum that "maiden days are almost over, Nicko can't play and etc." In terms of music- it's almost looks positive - we'll get another album sooner or later, and Maiden did not played their last show ever, I do believe. Will it be another leg of Legacy of the beast tour or brand new tour - I really don't care - as long as band can play and still can be on top of their game.

Everything is fine, quite the opposite of such statements on this forum that "maiden days are almost over, Nicko can't play and etc." In terms of music- it's almost looks positive - we'll get another album sooner or later, and Maiden did not played their last show ever, I do believe. Will it be another leg of Legacy of the beast tour or brand new tour - I really don't care - as long as band can play and still can be on top of their game.

You didn't get my post. It was a joke. Some people argue that Nicko isn't the prettiest member of the band, so that saying that he looks good would imply some sort of dramatic change.

I know, if I have to explain it, it wasn't a good joke.

You didn't get my post. It was a joke. Some people argue that Nicko isn't the prettiest member of the band, so that saying that he looks good would imply some sort of dramatic change.

I'd argue it was a great joke, and that saying about explaining jokes was always wrong because there's always that one guy who doesn't get it no matter how hard you bash them over the head with it.

Sorry, my bad.

Neat joke anyway. ;)

But taken out from the Nicko comment context, what @Revelationer said is something I definitely get behind.

Yes, a whole new tour concept would be neat, and yes tHeYRE nOT gEtTINg any yOunGEr!!! but as it is, things could still get much worse and after a break as long as it indeed seems to be, I'd definitely enjoy hearing those LOTB set gems one more time.

Not saying we're heading to the most pleasant scenario, but nonetheless, given everything that's happening and the current circumstances, I see Maiden show(s) for next year as a very positive thing anyway, regardless the theme around it.

I, too, agree that it'd strongly argue against the "WE'RE NOT CABARET ACT" thing, but nonetheless, I feel that a Legacy stint for next year isn't exactly quite as terrible thing as some might have suggested.

Finnish goverment will later today announce cancellation of all festivals during the summer.
Of course we knew this by the happenings and such..but anyways, hoping to see Iron Maiden whenever it will be possible.
I will be there..see you again Steve, Bruce, Adrian, Dave, Janick, Nicko and Eddie of course.
What maked me sad is that I don't know when and if there will be shows again..hopefully there will be.

Finnish goverment will later today announce cancellation of all festivals during the summer.
Of course we knew this by the happenings and such..but anyways, hoping to see Iron Maiden whenever it will be possible.
I certainly hope that they don't reschedule their next concert here for the first half of next year. I'd probably be unable to go due to my military service.

I certainly hope that they don't reschedule their next concert here for the first half of next year. I'd probably be unable to go due to my military service.

If it goes, as guessed they won't be playing Rockfest next year as it's impossible to postpone festivals headliners.
And we don't yet know how this has changed their plans for the tour, hope to see things happening little by little and we will know more later.
So..if they can and will do summer tour instead it could be outdoor own show or perhaps Hartwall Areena. 2018 shows were great as it had been so long time since they were indoors here (which was in 2006 with that AMOLAD-show). It was pleasant to see the band in indoors for the lights and such, but of course Stadium and etc places have their own pros/cons aswell.
Hope that they will book the show(s) so it will be possible for you to see it aswell.:)

If they rebook for 2021 it will be three years since I last saw them. At that point I guess I would go see them even if they were playing only Christmas carols over and over again. It's 3 years, who cares if it is Legacy or new album tour?

If they rebook for 2021 it will be three years since I last saw them. At that point I guess I would go see them even if they were playing only Christmas carols over and over again. It's 3 years, who cares if it is Legacy or new album tour?

It's not what the tour will be that bothers me, but possibly waiting till the second half of 2021 for a new album would be the ridiculous part

FRANCE UPDATE:
Paris gig seems to be posponed to early summer of 2021 according to official site:

We are very sorry to announce that further to the latest directive from the French government the ban on any large gatherings of any kind is being extended until July 15 which sadly means the Iron Maiden headline show at La Defense Arena on July 11 will no longer be taking place as planned.

The full statement from Live Nation France is below:

Paris, April 23rd

Following the President of the Republic Mr Macron’s speech on April 13th and due to the current context, all major events in France are banned until July 15. Therefore sadly the sold out Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast show on July 11th at La Défense-Arena (Paris) cannot go ahead as planned. However we are in close communication with the band’s Agent and Management with the expectation of rescheduling this show in early Summer 2021 which we will announce as soon as we can. Purchased tickets for the 2020 show will of course remain valid.

WEERT HOLLAND CANCELLED:

Live Nation Holland have informed us that the concert at Evenemententerrein in Weert on July 9 will not now take place "due to the fact that the Dutch government has taken a number of measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). One of these measures is a temporary ban on events and concerts in The Netherlands".

What does early summer mean? May? June?

Most likely I'd have thought.

Can I ask: I've been reading through this thread and lots of people are talking about them potentially dropping a new album this year? Are people assuming it is already recorded then? Because if not, I don't see a new one getting made this year – not with all the travel restrictions around the world. Given their age, I'm not sure I'd want them all taking the risk of all travelling to somewhere presumably in western Europe or the US (currently the two Covid-19 hotspots) to record an album this year. I'd rather wait than have them risk their health like that.

There has been a lot of hype, band members were seen around Paris and the studios there, some instagram posts from witnesses, some posts indicatin the work on the album were "cleverly" removed. Most folks take it for granted here that something has been done, probably the new album.

There has been a lot of hype, band members were seen around Paris and the studios there, some instagram posts from witnesses, some posts indicatin the work on the album were "cleverly" removed. Most folks take it for granted here that something has been done, probably the new album.

Thanks! Fingers crossed then. A new Maiden album would be very welcome in these strange times.

What does early summer mean? May? June?
If yyou live in northern Norway, early summer would be mid July :cool:

Oh, and Tampere, Finland is also cancelled. They're dropping out one by one now. Wouldn't be surprised if every tour date is cancelled by the end of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back