Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's irresponsible to keep the hope for any events in the spring and summer up. Businesses such as Iron Maiden could draw up alternative plans for this period if they didn't devote their resources to a tour that is almost certain to not take place. Unfortunately, Maiden won't be able to just pull out because they will probably have to pay damages if they do (even if they're insured it's not the best idea) - it makes more economic sense to wait until cancellation is imposed on them.

They will cancel all the dates, no doubt about that. Curious to see whats the plan then, postpone further or scrap the whole LOTB final leg.
I would like to see them live in concert as soon as possible, but this whole thing with the COVID-19 totally messed up those plans.

I'm afraid they will postpone LOTB and delay the release of the new album and the plan would be. to release the live albums collection and a couple of new beers more.

I'm going to be a bit pessimistic and say there's a chance they'll attempt to do at least some of the LOTB dates later. About the only thing that's stopping it is the fact that they don't really tour outside of the summer, and I can't quite see a full 2021 LOTB slate. I figure 2021 is already booked or at least planned out as an album tour year.

Summer festivals and outdoors get cancelled, so they could reschedule them as indoors for the late 2020 or early 2021. By that time hehe, it's damn cold outside usually. But todays winters are what they are, some don't have even any snow.
Festivals are anyways difficult to postpone so, if anybody from the Iron Maiden reads this, please change the Finnish Rockfest date to indoor show.

The press release from Maiden is telling. They are clearly putting the responsibility for the decision on the festival organizers. I expect them to continue that and only cancel dates when they are forced to (with the full knowledge that the entire tour is clearly going to be canceled).

They will cancel all the dates, no doubt about that. Curious to see whats the plan then, postpone further or scrap the whole LOTB final leg.
I would like to see them live in concert as soon as possible, but this whole thing with the COVID-19 totally messed up those plans.

Apparently the Australia/New Zealand dates have been postponed and the band still plan to bring the LOTB tour downunder.

Last edited:
Yeah, looking like the whole tour will be scrapped. Glad I was able to see it and sorry for the fans who won't. Hope they at least put out an official dvd/album release for LOTB

Festivals will surely get cancelled, arenas can be rescheduled and who knows what they plan with the stadium and other outdoor shows.

Apparently the Australia/New Zealand dates have been postponed and the band still plan to bring the LOTB tour downunder.

They will probably do this in the fall. The Euro part of the tour will likely get cancelled.

Nothing stopping them from doing a "Legacy of the Beast: Chapter II" in 2022 - in fact, haven't at least one of the band members stated that the LOTB concept and name could return on a future tour?

Especially they might postpone those dates for sure since LOTB hasn't been yet there. There's fans that haven't seen Maiden since 2016. Hope that those and any dates happen though.
But for the rest European dates it's all familiar thing that we all saw in 2018. I want to see again but I can understand if they change plans for the future.

Nothing stopping them from doing a "Legacy of the Beast: Chapter II" in 2022 - in fact, haven't at least one of the band members stated that the LOTB concept and name could return on a future tour?
I think Bruce said they could do another tour with a different setlist but I think he simply meant they have a lot of songs to choose from.

"We still intend to bring this great Legacy Of The Beast show to you all as soon we can and I promise we will do everything we can to achieve this with our promoters and subject to what is happening around us globally."

There is wording in that especially the last part which means if all of Europe is scrapped then they could scrap legacy all together nz/aus could then be the first for the new album tour.

Or they do aus/ nz/Asia in the fall and Europe 2021 for the new album

I'm sure they were planning a north American tour next year so that be pushed to 2022 I bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back