Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, we should all just relax. No man worth anything would release an album during this economic mess.
I strongly disagree. People don't buy albums to begin with, but it can be a good way of introducing your music to new audiences. Now that there's a ton of folks out there with lots of free time, it's a great opportunity for bands to try and catch some of that attention. It's also a good way to keep your name out there since touring isn't possible. Same principal as movie company putting their films out on streaming services.

For Maiden, it is kind of a non-issue either way. They can afford to be inactive for a year and then put out an album to build hype for the next tour.

Bruce went Nostradamus mode:

Into the Abyss I'll fall- the eye of Virus
Into the eyes of the night- watching me go
Green is the non contact thermometer's eye that glows- in this Hospital Temple
Enter the risen Covid-risen again.
Tell me why I had to be a Viruslave
I don't wanna die, I'm a God
Why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies
All around is laid waste.
And in my last hour
I'm a slave to the Power of Death.

I think within 2-3 weeks from now we'll know if the summer festivals in Europe can go on or not. The pandemic needs to peak very soon and be on a stady decline by May or a lot of things will be cancelled.

Today is the first day that the number of new cases has fallen in Italy from previous day...

There is still hope. Rest of Europe is around a week behind. Still, we need 2-3 weeks after that for things to normalize.

Maiden's tour of Australasia has been POSTPONED! Its up on the main website.
Internet_Explorer_9_icon.svg

As I've mentioned previously, Download Festival will need to make its mind up soon about whether or not it can go ahead as day tickets usually go on sale at the end of March and the next installment of the deposit for weekend tickets is due in early April. I can't see it happening for a number of reasons:

1) Boris said in a press conference that we can "turn the tide" against the virus in "twelve weeks" which puts us firmly into June, with Download at the end of that time period.
2) A lot of bands on the line-up might not be able to make it to England.
3) Basic things might not be available in large enough quantities to make the festival viable, such as toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

The festival has been notably quiet on Facebook over the last week. The last thing that was posted was "Happy Friday 13th". Glastonbury has already gone and that's later than Download, so I expect Download and European festivals with similar line-ups (e.g. Graspop, Hellfest) to follow suit. I reckon the entire Iron Maiden tour will be cancelled in one fell swoop. Let's also bear in mind that it might not be possible for all six members to be in Europe for the start of the tour.

If the outbreak is over by june (or the if the worst is behind us) I can't anyone crazy enough to autorize the gathering of thousands of people. The audience would then spread the virus all-over the world again. There will be no festival, no tour, no concerts until a vaccine is discovered. We will be happy and fortunate if we can send our children back to school by june, and concerts should be the least of our concerns.

There will be no festival, no tour, no concerts until a vaccine is discovered
I think this is a bit of exaggeration. A vaccine probably won't exist until next year but the waves that we're experiencing should recede as we move into summer. By the time winter comes around again scientists will have a much better understanding of the virus and health services will be much better prepared for the second wave should it come. This is of course a fast-evolving situation which changes day by day, but I'm more optimistic about autumn/winter tours going ahead as planned than I am of the summer festival season taking place.

Obviously you're correct that concerts should be the least of our concerns, but it's all some us have got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back