Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the outbreak is over by june (or the if the worst is behind us) I can't anyone crazy enough to autorize the gathering of thousands of people. The audience would then spread the virus all-over the world again. There will be no festival, no tour, no concerts until a vaccine is discovered. We will be happy and fortunate if we can send our children back to school by june, and concerts should be the least of our concerns.
Also, many of those festivals are truly multinational. Even though the conditions might get better in a host country, it will be difficult for this country to authorize visa for the nationals of other countries, let alone the bands coming from outside. I cannot imagine the organizers saying "sorry but we cannot accept these foreigners while enjoying the festival here".

I legitimately think that the "summer will help" narrative is false. No evidence this disease will be killed by warm weather as it enjoys person to person transmission. Maybe that will help in the "ludicrously hot" parts of the world but Europe and North America? No.

We will just have to wait and see.

I legitimately think that the "summer will help" narrative is false. No evidence this disease will be killed by warm weather as it enjoys person to person transmission. Maybe that will help in the "ludicrously hot" parts of the world but Europe and North America? No.

It's not helping in Southeast Asia.

This sort of virus is less effective when temperatures are above 20C - that's what the National Clinical Advisor to the Scottish Government said on the radio last weekend. It won't die out as soon as the temperature reaches 20C, but it is less effective and will be easier to fight off. Health services also won't be inundated with seasonal flu cases - a virus which also enjoys person-to-person transmission.

And South-East Asia is very densely populated, more so than Europe and North America.

The WHO have already said this. Climate has no bearing on this disease. The reason flu tends to wane in summer is that people are outdoors more and not crammed together indoors.

IMO, at the moment it looks like Euro tour will be cancelled and the AUS/NZ/Asia tour will be recheduled to fall if possible...

Also yeah, summer won't help. The only thing that will change with summer is the duration of illness (people will recover quicker). But it will still spread.

Won't prolonged exposure to additional UV light in summer degrade the virus deposited on surfaces though? And what you're saying could be that people in warm countries recover quicker because the virus is less effective at temperatures above 20C.

Just watched Devin Townsend's stream on Twitch and he offered some insight into the music industry, especally touring...

He said that Australia pulled all concerts (as they did with Maiden) and that the industry is preparing for Europe to follow soon.

I cant see the European tour happening even if this starts to flatten out in a couple of months there will be a few more months of no large gatherings to ensure this doesnt blow up again , its not as tho its going to be oh the curve is flattening quick open up all arenas and stadiums so summer gigs can happen haha

well, it's almost a fact ... and Dennis "confirmed" that there would be no tour this year: below:
You are sure friends.
here in chile the situation is very complex
Greetings from Chile!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back