Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they change something in the setlist, if not - just another (unfortunately) copy-paste shows.
When you have the perfect setlist/stage production, etc. why change a thing? Give more Maiden fans a chance to experience it.

But then.....we all know why they are really doing a 3rd leg is because the album they have in the can is so horrible they are scared to death to release it #EndofTimes

Attendance for most of the shows will be good or great - if we realise they're playing all around so same show and setlist third time (year) - that's just an amazing result.

if we realise they're playing all around so same show and setlist third time (year) - that's just an amazing result.
- many of us do not have a problem with seeing this show again,

- leaving the show with a smile, many people have already recommended it to others,

- others will see the show for the first time.

A good product (mostly) sells itself.

When Guns 'N Roses still sells out stadium dates in their fourth year into their tour without new music, why woudn't Maiden be able to sell out (or close to sell out) into their third year of the same tour without new album?
Nostalgia sells. Stop saying the end is near, the band put out a great show and people are enjoying it, maybe even more now than ever before

GNR is something different IMHO - more commercial rock product for the masses, Maiden is about the loyalty towards their roots and genre, they're (mostly) playing for traditional metal maniacs. In this case, there's a way harder selling out the big venues than typical pop-rock/hard rock artists do.

I do not believe what I am about to write, but for once I agree with RLonger! There. Said it.
Damn it...me too. Most commercial rock bands will sell way more than Maiden. It's just a fact of life. That Maiden does as well as they do with relatively little play and new album twice a decade, they are kinda showing everyone "this is how it's done" but they'll never reach GnR or Metallica numbers. Especially in the US when a lot of the old Maiden heads stopped listening to Maiden after '88, but still drive their Camero's and six-packs of Duff beer to a venue to relive their glory days. People are sad. The end is near.

So it's obvious! Traditional heavy metal is everywhere way less popular than hard rock/classic rock, "radio oriented" metal.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's never not been the case. Maiden has struggled "against the tide" of the radio play and popularity since their inception.

Yeah, they've never been a radio-friendly phenomenon, always making all the things on his own. I found them as an independent group in the mainstream entertainment world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back