NOW WATCHING

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 7 2005, 08:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 7 2005, 08:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Of course, in the US of A, this pissed a lot of people off, and they tried to shut him down in various ways (Customs cases and the like).  Kinsey was a very interesting man, who's belief on sexuality did not cross the line of morality.
[snapback]107698[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Well the right wingers sure seem to condemn his work. The Kinsey Report is number 4 here:

[a href=\'http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=7591\' target=\'_blank\']Top Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries[/a]

Notice Origin of the Species in the honorable mentions section. [img src=\'http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/images/smiles/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /] I bet their frickin' "best of" list had the Bible and the Wealth of Nations at the top spots.

Ironically, without Darwin, Kinsey's work wouldn't have been possible.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The Evil Empire of the Soviet Union put the Manifesto into practice.[/quote]
WHAT?! No! No they didn't! Marx specifically stated that the revolution would come from an advanced industrial society! Leninism/Stalinism was a perversion of Marxism!

I agree, The list in itself is a bunch of horseshit, I've never seen such a paranoid "if you are not with us you are against us" list since the Catholic's list of forbidden books.

ANYWHO... I saw Boogyman last night and I have no problems spoiling it for others because it is another piece of horseshit. I thought because it was produced by Sam Raimi (Evil Dead I, II & III; Spiderman I, II) It would be good, but it wasn't. It starts out great when this kid's father goes into his room to see who is making so much noise, the kid explains it's the boogyman, the dad searches the room (in the dark... first mistake) and when he says, "see there is nobody here." the closet room opens and this thing sucks him in in a flash... then throws him back out, back to the frame of the door, throws him up, down up again, to the sides and back in the closet. GREAT opening scence to scare the shit out of you, unfortunately it only goes down hill from there with chopping transitions (the movie picks up 15 years later... the hell?) And after his mother dies he goes back and decides to spend a night in the house... again why? to "face" his fears? riiiigghht. The "boogyman" proceeds to take his uncle and girlfriend and he says, "He is taking away everyone who matters to me." How f*** selfish, what about the other children and people taken by the boogyman that have no relation to him? (the movie sorta kinda mentions them) The movie was really suspenseful and scaring until it decided to play parallel universe/time travel tricks at which point it got slightly confusing losing the scary edge it had perfectly achieved it closes with the crappiest ending in the history of bad scary movies (he defeasts the monster by breaking everything in his room that freaked him out as a kid) it just ends right then and there, what happens to his father, girlfriend, uncle and all others sucked away by the monster? Do they come back? why or why not? *sigh*

Well, I saw Madagascar on Friday, very funny movie, pretty good stuff, specially the spoofs of other movies. and I just finished watching The Lady Killers". Ok film. It says at the end that it is based on the film "The Lady Killers". Now wouldn't that make it a remake? it is nice of them to inform us, but other remakes don't bother to tell us this, even when the completely change the story (i.e RollerBall and Planet of the Apes... ugh). Anywho... Penguins rule "We killed them and ate their livers..." hehe

I saw "Luther" with Joseph Fienness. GREAT movie, and I highly recomend it, unfortunately, like always, hollywood fucks up somehow with historical movies. I was really pleased with the dipiction of the Catholic Church (not as evil as previous Luther movies, more... natural) the potrayal of Luther (as a normal, tormented human being instead of a all knowing saint as in previous luther movies) and the political climate of the time. However at the very end when they are scrolling text to explain what happens next they say Luther fought for "freedom of religion". NO HE DID NOT, He fought for REFORM and for TRUTH. Yet the Catholic Church was so full of themselves THEY (not Luther) pushed him away by excomunicating him and nearly burning him as a heretic. He was left with no choice, but to stand up to them hence creating new denomination and the Protestant Reformation. If the Catholic Church had actually listened to him it would be a completely different story.

In a way they did since they responded with the Counter Reformation, but too little too late.

Hmm, my sister is watching Dirty Dancing, does that count? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I saw Network Last night for the second time. The reasons being 1. it is a GREAT movie, no no, AMAZING. Anyway and 2. My Girlfriend is reading a book called "Natural cures 'THEY' don't want you to know" By Michael Tredeou. In his book he talks about how the FDA, FTC, major drug companies and the goverment have a conspiracy going on when it comes to our health. They could care less about our health, in fact the food we eat and drugs we take are actually killing us instead of healing us. He keeps saying that "it's all about the money" and he ends every other paragraph in the first three chapters with "I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" My girlfriend found it amusing and when I found out she didn't know where the phrase came from I felt compelled to show her the movie. Amazing movie, I could write a paper on it, but since I don't have to I won't [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

For anyone who likes foreign films, you should try and get a hold of the Danish film "Adams Æbler" (Adam's Apples), a lovely comedy about denial, religion and a touch of racism. More [a href=\'http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418455/\' target=\'_blank\']here.[/a] I laughed my arse off while at the same time being given something to think about, with the heaps of religious references. The humour might be a bit hard to get though, as many of the jokes play a bit on the Danish language

Well I saw War of the Worlds.... All I'm going to say is.... it was ok.

I also watched the whole Mini-series "The Thornbirds"... GREAT series... at least I thought so, they don't write novels like that or make movies like that anymore.

I saw War of the Worlds at the drive-in thru a bug-splattered windshield and the radio doesn't work very well so I wasnt quite sure what was going on all the time.

In home viewing news, I recently saw the Run Down; not bad at all.

Saw "War Of The Worlds" recently. Horrible, horrible adaption. Boring as hell, and the scene of the little innocent blonde girl being abducted by evil aliens made me wonder if this film was really made by the same director as "Schindlers List".
I really wonder how it was possible to turn one of the best SciFi books/plots ever into such a film. Even the film had great scenes; a whole landscape drowning in blood for example. But noooo, it had to be a melodrama about a father and his children. Tell you what: DON'T WATCH IT. Even "Independence Day" was better.

Corrected my mistake by watching "House Of Wax" a few days later. Nothing special, but a decent horror film. Even Paris Hilton managed not to annoy me.

Independence Day rocked. It was pretty horrible, and I love that style of cheesy horrid. Bill Pullman as the President? He gives a serious speech and all I can think of is "Spaceball One...she's gone to plaid!"

Signs was a good movie! and so was the Village! Not my fault the guy is too nerdy/eccentric for popular taste. But War of the Worlds did suck, didn't have the guts to say it so... thank you perun.

But ANYWHO, I saw Dark Water and just like The Ring it wasn't SCARY it was SUSPENSEFUL. Very good story that like The Ring does not give you closure like most western movies do. My chest was still in a knot an hour after watching it.

DId any of you guys watche dthe Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy? I, myslef think it rocks! Awsome movie! LAughed my ass of

I think I'll wait until I can rent it [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back