NOW WATCHING

I saw the Notebook with my GF this weekend and I hate to admit it but it was a very good movie. Few movies show the true meaning of love and the POWER of love like this movie does....

I've seen Lost in translation yesterday. Good movie about boredom and Japan.
Funny thing : an actor called Murray plays a guy called Harris... and the girld is called Charlotte... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bruce was good movie, good to see Jim Carey in good roles for him. Cool observation about lost in translation... is there a 22 Acacia Avenue in the movie? hehe.
I saw Rosemary's Baby yesterday, scared the shit out of me! the Ring, Grudge, Scream whatever, they got NOTHING on Rosemary, this movie is the shit, second only to the Exorcist!

Ok this weekend I saw The Amittiville Horror and it was both great and disapointing at the same time.

It was great because it is WAY scarier than the original, which is good, horror movies are suppose to scare you. However it was a big disapointment in that they changed the story too much. The original is much more faithful to the book dramatacizing the Lutz's account which is alledgedly true. After watching the History Channel's special on it where they interview the Lutz family, watching the Original and reading half the book I can say the remake veered WAY off the "true" story. Why the quotes? I read several skeptic essays online about the veracity of the story and that is why I only got half way through the book. After reading the skeptical accounts the "holes" in the story were questionable and I lost interest because I'm a "true story" ghost stories buff. Still, whether fiction or fact, the original story holds its own against skeptics much stronger than the remake. Even though it says "Based on a true story" it is obviously more fiction than anything else. You've been warned [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ok, I went to the movies AGAIN which considering current movie prices it is a miracle. Anywho, this time I saw Kingdom of Heaven and WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT. I haven't been so dissapointed in a movie since... Episode I. It had so much potential and once again hollywood droped the ball on a "historic" preachy movie. The ambiance was good, good costumes and sets, good action, but every time Orlando Bloom said something I just cringed. NOBODY in 1184 thought like his character, and if they did they certainly did not voice it like he did. To compare the current situation to the crusades was a good idea, to think that in 1184 people thought the way most intellectual elites think today was moronic.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+May 15 2005, 05:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ May 15 2005, 05:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Anywho, this time I saw Kingdom of Heaven and WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT.
[snapback]104687[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's too bad, I've been wanting to see it. I've had a few chicks tell me they didn't like it, but I thought they just couldn't appreciate a good historical movie.

While horribly hung over, I watched Smokey and the Bandit today. I think that the real Burt Reynolds should be in every movie. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+May 9 2005, 08:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ May 9 2005, 08:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It was great because it is WAY scarier than the original, which is good, horror movies are suppose to scare you ... The original is much more faithful to the book dramatacizing the Lutz's account which is alledgedly true.
[snapback]104051[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Just FYI: both the Lutz family and the author of the book have admitted it was a complete hoax. In the case of the George Lutz, he said so under oath in a court case.

However, the veracity of the story is not important. The only thing that matters is whether or not the movie is any good. And if you enjoyed it, that's great.

I'm currently watching Terminator 2: Judgment Day, the extended DVD version. Damn, it's one of the best movies from the 90s, but so much better...with more blood and gore!

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 16 2005, 04:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 16 2005, 04:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Just FYI: both the Lutz family and the author of the book have admitted it was a complete hoax. In the case of the George Lutz, he said so under oath in a court case.

However, the veracity of the story is not important. The only thing that matters is whether or not the movie is any good. And if you enjoyed it, that's great.
[snapback]104696[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Oh wow, thanks for the update SMX. You have a date for that? because I looked into this... 3 years ago and I only found debates but no actual debunking.

I just watched "About a Boy" on tv. It was pretty good. The movie reminds me of a conversation(arguement) I recently had with a friend of mine. If this movie is any bit accurate(like I know it is) I lost. The lessons taught in the movie should not be soon forgotten. Hughe Grant does a really good job, as does the rest of the cast.

nothing! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just got back from seeing 'Revenge of the Sith'. Thoroughly enjoyed it actually, better than I anticipated. Recommended. If just for seeing Vader scream 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' with arms raised in the air as the camera zooms out [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I also saw Revenge of the Sith today. It's f**king great. There were a few slow parts, but overall it was ... well, f**king great. Of course every SW fans knows the basics of the story, but it was cool to see things like how exactly Palpatine turned Anakin towards the dark side. And the final lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan lived up to all the hype. Did I mention it was f**king great?

Now THAT is really good news! You have revitalized my faith in the new trilogy. After a very crappy episode I and an ok episode II this film was a "make or break" type of thing for me. I'm seeing it monday after all the opening weekend madness ends and all the uberfans have finally gone home to sleep it off... or make some amateur SW films.

The Amityville Horror remake was terrible. They indeed changed the story way too much but it wasn't scary at all. All of the "scary" moments were when they would flash a scary image and make a loud noise. I'm so desensitized to that stuff that it doesn't scare me at all anymore.

I, of course, caught the midnight showing of Star Wars on Wednesday (technically Thursday, though). Very good movie and quite the satisfying end (sort of end) to the series. I was pleased to see that they really covered just about everything that needed to have happened in order for Ep. 4 to make sense. But I have a question. Star Wars is coming to an end. Star Trek is coming to an end. What will all the 35-year old virgins in their mother's basement do now? :shrug: (We need a shrug smiley badly.)

I saw Animal House last night on TV.... it was funny but not as funny as I thought it would be and I actually find it hard to believe its "a classic" I can definately see how it influenced subsequent comedy movies and cartoons (a family guy episode comes to mind if not several) but yeah, not roll on the floor funny... but funny

Back