NOW WATCHING

I was subscribed to Netflix for some time. Hulu, Prime and D+ aren't available in Serbia. And for what it's worth, I was subscribed to EON which is a Serbian streaming service for sports channels. Cancelled it when EPL got suspended, but will resubscribe once it's back.

I'm definitely getting Disney + once it's available here. That will make my paid subscriptions 3, Netflix, NHL and D+

I really object to subscribing to any of these on top of paying a TV licence and paying for the privilege of watching Sky's incessant advertising breaks.

I don't consider $120 to be a lot of money.
broken down to what it is a month, it's cheaper than Netflix, but it's the one time blow that I'm not a fan of. Also, you're not buying a streaming service, you're buying shopping priviledges on the store proper, the streaming is a bonus, an afterthought, and it shows.

Heck, we've been getting a Prime subscription for free as an offer with our DTH television subscription.

Pretty standard.

My rage against Prime continues. Seriously... fuck this service. I made my way through Seasons 1 and 2 of The Expanse aaaaand.... season 3 doesn't start on it's own. I go to the menu and SURPRISE! It isn't available in my area, BUT I can watch it if I BUY it.... SERIOUSLY!? $2.99 per episode. Even if I wanted I can't do it as I'm borrowing the account and any purchase would be... "sponsored" by my friend. 3 dollars per episode.... at 13 episodes a season is 39 bucks.... add another for season 4.... 80 dollars? Yeeeeah... No thanks.

Exaclty, but it STILL wouldn't be available in my area lol. So there is no point. Might as well get my three cornered hat, eye patch and nifty hook.

Exaclty, but it STILL wouldn't be available in my area lol. So there is no point. Might as well get my three cornered hat, eye patch and nifty hook.
can you sing along? (With images) | Pirate life, Decal wall art ...

PBS Frontline did a documentary on Amazon. They are not shy about their intentions with Prime, it is a gateway service. Once you've made the expense you want to get more bang from your buck so you end up buying shit you don't need from the site to feel like you're not getting scammed. The only way to get the streaming service is to buy up on the prime membership. Not worth it.

It does have an interesting feature I currently don't mind as I am new to it. It has "tv ads" between episodes of its own shows. Since I am not familiar with their content I like it as it does make me consider what else to watch. Aside from The Man in the High Castle, there's a Nazi hunter show that peaked my interest, but overall.... not worth getting my own subscription.
Here's the PBS doc:

I enjoyed Man in the High Castle, and not just because my nephew had a bit role. (He died)

Oh man I've been watching this... overall, good series. It has:
Missing kids
small town
mysterious woods
80's references galore
and a power plant at the center of it all.

If you said Stranger Things you're wrong. It's the German time traveling series, Dark. It's pretty good, it's still complete time travel mumbo jumbo, and it has a bit of annoying writing, but overall worth watching.

Anyone watch Castle Rock?
Its been pretty good, and we‘love see how it goes, but episode 7 last night took things up to a whole other level.
Sissy Spacek is amazing.

Back