NOW WATCHING

Watched 1922 (2017).

Based on the novella by Stephen King (in Full Dark, No Stars), starring Thomas Jane. Haven't read the novella, but thought the film was pretty good. One thing should be clear though, this ain't "feel good"...

I've been binging Community. I remember not being able to watch it when it first aired, but being a tad upset, because I worked at a Community College at the time and my coworkers and I joked we could have our sitcom... not even a week later it premiered. Anyway, amazing show, great cast made of future stars (Donald Glover), comedy legends (Chevy Chase) and a very competent group of "why didn't they do more?" Joel McHale, who plays Jeff, seems to have peeked with this show. He had a really silly show on E! making fun of celebrities and I enjoyed his sense of humor which translated well onto the show, but haven't seen him do jack after that. The lady that plays Shirley has done stuff for Nickelodeon and Disney, so she's had consistent, while unsung, work. The rest... no clue.

Highly recommend it though, the guest stars range from Jack Black to Owen Wilson and others. Very smart show with jokes ranging from visual gags, pop references, self references, 4th wall breaks, and normal sitcom quick wit. Blows my mind how Friends became a monster of show and this one flew under the radar througout its whole run.

I've been binging Community. I remember not being able to watch it when it first aired, but being a tad upset, because I worked at a Community College at the time and my coworkers and I joked we could have our sitcom... not even a week later it premiered. Anyway, amazing show, great cast made of future stars (Donald Glover), comedy legends (Chevy Chase) and a very competent group of "why didn't they do more?" Joel McHale, who plays Jeff, seems to have peeked with this show. He had a really silly show on E! making fun of celebrities and I enjoyed his sense of humor which translated well onto the show, but haven't seen him do jack after that. The lady that plays Shirley has done stuff for Nickelodeon and Disney, so she's had consistent, while unsung, work. The rest... no clue.

Highly recommend it though, the guest stars range from Jack Black to Owen Wilson and others. Very smart show with jokes ranging from visual gags, pop references, self references, 4th wall breaks, and normal sitcom quick wit. Blows my mind how Friends became a monster of show and this one flew under the radar througout its whole run.
Haven't watched the show, but the way I heard of it was an article about representing Asperger's in popular media.

The D&D episode of Community is the best Dungeons & Dragons related episode of pop culture ever. Yes, including Stranger Things.

That's the one we left off on last night, looking forward to it. Loved "Modern Warefare" and the stop motion one was cute.

Homeland series finale:

Very bittersweet, but satisfying. Season 8 was great and the show went out on a high note. I'm down for a spin-off with Jenna as main character. 1) She's cute; 2) The burden of her being partially at fault for the killing of that Marine team would be a good background story.

Ozark, basically Breaking Bad in Missouri and it's awesome.

Brahms, The Boy II. It was... as bad as most horror sequels from already meh movies. The boy was cool because of the misdirection and the ending. This movie shits on that. Also, WTF Katie Holmes? Your career is that bad you're doing shitty horror sequels now? Good lord.

Superheroe Girls, animated series with DCs female heroes and villians in high school. Surprisingly funny. We follow Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) as she befriends Super Girl, Green Lantern, Wonder Women, etc. Best part is her BFF is Harley Quinn lol.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, I'm not at the point of being a brony, but it's a fun show. Especially during quarentine it's a mixture of nostalgic and escapist.

Just started watching RWBY!
The first episode was fun. Good humour, great writing, and the main theme is excellent.
I've heard that it gets darker later on, though.

1588004876482.png

I've been binging the one and only Bleach lately and I'm planning on being occupied by the other legendary shounens for the rest of the year.

Ah, Bleach. I read the manga, and it left a lasting paranoia about calm bespectacled characters.
Haha, I've found calm bespectacled beings intimidating long before Aizen. :D
It's good that the anime will make a comeback next year with the last arc adapted, I've heard some pretty bad things about the end of the show's original run.

Haha, I've found calm bespectacled beings intimidating long before Aizen. :D
It's good that the anime will make a comeback next year with the last arc adapted, I've heard some pretty bad things about the end of the show's original run.
Which ones? Mikami (Death Note), Marui (Food Wars), and Takebayashi (Assassination Classroom) weren't exactly intimidating for me. I guess Aizen was just the first evil one I found.

Which ones? Mikami (Death Note), Marui (Food Wars), and Takebayashi (Assassination Classroom) weren't exactly intimidating for me. I guess Aizen was just the first evil one I found.
I was actually referring to people in real life. That's why I said beings instead of characters.

Back