NOW WATCHING

Yeah. I guess Donald is more of a Naruto guy.
Why do people like Naruto? I tried reading it, and forced my way through 200 chapters (of 700) before quitting.
All the main characters are unlikeable. Naruto is an idiot, Sasuke is too 'edgy', Sakura is relegated to the sidelines, and Kakashi is possibly the only character I might want to see more of.

Why do people like Naruto? I tried reading it, and forced my way through 200 chapters (of 700) before quitting.
All the main characters are unlikeable. Naruto is an idiot, Sasuke is too 'edgy', Sakura is relegated to the sidelines, and Kakashi is possibly the only character I might want to see more of.
I've only watched the first ten episodes and I honestly liked it, I'll continue it when I'm finished with Bleach.

Ah yes, the best character.
Assassination Classroom still stands, though.
How do you watch this stuff? Physical? Crunchyroll? Piracy?
I haven't seen AC yet but it's in my plan to watch list.
Streaming online. I'll start buying physical copies someday when I have the money to do that.

Watching the Chicago bulls last dance, it's annoying how they're releasing the episodes weekly, but I'm enjoying it. Also watched a documentary called covid 19 explained.

Watching the Chicago bulls last dance, it's annoying how they're releasing the episodes weekly, but I'm enjoying it.
I'm loving it so far. I grew up in Chicagoland, idolizing Jordan and those championship teams, so it's really cool to re-live the whole experience and see everything that was going on behind the scenes.

The only slight criticism I have is the constant skips around in time can be a little bit jarring. I wonder if it might have flowed a little better if everything was more chronological.

I noticed that, but I think it has to do with them trying to tell the story of each key player, not just Jordan. They even focused on the coach and GM, rightly so.

Just watched UFC 249 Gaethje vs Ferguson

Wow what display of power and accuracy from Gaethje, completely dominated that fight. Ferguson took all of them shots where 99% of other fighters would've been in another dimension.

Great fight

Robin of Sherwood! Cheesy, cliched series with silly plots, but for the most part, nicely filmed and features the music of Clannad. This is a slippery slope. Watch one episode and I'll end up watching ten.

Catch Me If You Can (2002). These kinds of plots are my favourite to watch - a pile of plots on both sides of the equation, where everything gets bigger and more daring as time goes by.

This is exactly the sort of stuff I liked in Special 26 and Death Note.

I've either been watching really silly content like, Superhero Girls or super nerdy content like my new youtube obsession: Extra History. The channel is actually Extra Credit, but their segments are on history, politics, mythology, etc. Very similar to Crash Course. Already saw the one on the 1918 pandemic, Ghengis Khan, How the Middle East was carved up by the West, Joan of Arc, and the most unintentionally hilarious so far, the first crusade.

A friend was nice enough to lend me his Amazon Prime info so I could take it for a spin. My GF and I were curious as there were some Mexico exclusive shows. Well... Amazon fucking sucks. Netflix changes a few shows and number of seasons on others depending what country you're in. Amazon? They don't give a fuck. So even though I am IN Mexico, NONE of the Mexico content is available, because my friend's info is an American account. On top of that, Many of the shows are not available for being "outside my region." So no local content, actual content is gutted, so what's left? Every movie I clicked on I had to pay to "rent" it or purchase it. Same with content from other networks, like HBO content. In other words Amazon's streaming service is a store, like the rest of Amazon. It sells movies and shows and the only thing you can actually stream is their original/bought up content. Jack Ryan? really? Outlander? WTF?

I guess SOME are pretty good, because they were up for Golden Globes and an Oscar, but even with that kind of clout... I still don't know WHICH ONES those are. Compared to how people won't shut up about Stranger Things or any other Netflix original content, it is pretty much radio silence about must watch shows on any other streaming service.

At any rate, My GF was curious about some show, I was curious about Hernan (Cortes) and, of course, The Expanse sealed the deal. I watched the first couple of seasons on Netflix and then obviously nothing, therefore I'm watching it from the beggining.

Conclusion, fuck Amazon and when I'm done watching the Expanse i won't have any use for it anymore.

At any rate, My GF was curious about some show, I was curious about Hernan (Cortes) and, of course, The Expanse sealed the deal. I watched the first couple of seasons on Netflix and then obviously nothing, therefore I'm watching it from the beggining.

Conclusion, fuck Amazon and when I'm done watching the Expanse i won't have any use for it anymore.
I also enjoyed The Expanse on Netflix and was unhappy that Netflix dropped it and then it moved to Amazon. The same thing happened with Killjoys (a Sci-Fi channel show) which I wasn't able to keep up with as I don't have an Amazon account. I've bought the DVD box set of it instead. Alongside The Expanse, the only other show on Amazon I want to watch is The Man in the High Castle but I don't want to sign up to Amazon Prime. I guess I could use a free trial and binge both series then cancel the account before I have to pay.

I also enjoyed The Expanse on Netflix and was unhappy that Netflix dropped it and then it moved to Amazon. The same thing happened with Killjoys (a Sci-Fi channel show) which I wasn't able to keep up with as I don't have an Amazon account. I've bought the DVD box set of it instead. Alongside The Expanse, the only other show on Amazon I want to watch is The Man in the High Castle but I don't want to sign up to Amazon Prime. I guess I could use a free trial and binge both series then cancel the account before I have to pay.

PBS Frontline did a documentary on Amazon. They are not shy about their intentions with Prime, it is a gateway service. Once you've made the expense you want to get more bang from your buck so you end up buying shit you don't need from the site to feel like you're not getting scammed. The only way to get the streaming service is to buy up on the prime membership. Not worth it.

It does have an interesting feature I currently don't mind as I am new to it. It has "tv ads" between episodes of its own shows. Since I am not familiar with their content I like it as it does make me consider what else to watch. Aside from The Man in the High Castle, there's a Nazi hunter show that peaked my interest, but overall.... not worth getting my own subscription.
Here's the PBS doc:

Is Amazon Prime really that expensive for you? Here in India, the subscription is 999 rupees per year (approx. 13 dollars or 11 pounds).
Plus I get to use the music streaming services in addition to video and free delivery.

Is Amazon Prime really that expensive for you? Here in India, the subscription is 999 rupees per year (approx. 13 dollars or 11 pounds).
Plus I get to use the music streaming services in addition to video and free delivery.
Prime is a little over 120 dollars a year....

Why not sign up just for The Expanse? It's not like you'll need the money for female fronted Dutch metal band shows in the next year or so.

Back