NOW WATCHING

I watched 'Catch Me If You Can' yesterday. What a movie! I know it's old, but I had never seen it.

Leo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors, side by side with Jack Nicholson.

I watched 'Catch Me If You Can' yesterday. What a movie! I know it's old, but I had never seen it.

Leo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors, side by side with Jack Nicholson.

This is easily Spielberg's most underrated film, it has an amazing cast DiCaprio, Hanks, Walken, Sheen, Brolin & it has such a good script yet no one ever talks about it

Watched Easy Money III.

I thought Easy Money was the only relevant and genuinely great film to be produced by Swedish cinema in decades. Turns out I was wrong - the whole trilogy should be included in that statement.

Awesome movie!

When Bale was asked how he lost weigh for the role, I seem to recall him describing his diet as something like coffee & apples for a fortnight.

From what I can find from various sources he dropped 60 pounds in 4 months on a diet of one can of tuna and one apple a day. With coffee, water, chewing gum, cigarettes, some salads and lots of exercise on the side.

Watching the third season premiere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The wait is finally over! I love this series...

Saw The Martian...

It was incredible. Great performance by Damon. Truly riveting. There are some rushed things and some scenes clearly meant to target the feels in the dumber crowd, but overall I highly recommend it.

Great to hear that! I read the book 2-3 years ago and it's one of my favorites... hope the movie does it justice. Seeing it on Tuesday I think.

Saw The Martian...

It was incredible. Great performance by Damon. Truly riveting. There are some rushed things and some scenes clearly meant to target the feels in the dumber crowd, but overall I highly recommend it.
Seen it, I agree completely! I didn't have the feeling of suspense since I knew the whole plot, but it was one of the best book adaptations in recent times. Only thing that bugs me was the censoring of the swearing, made for some awkward dialogue, so I hope they'll release an unrated version of the film. Did you see the viral videos of the actual trip to Mars that were released before the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHwvVPQZggKTgQlVF88rGw/videos

Seen it, I agree completely! I didn't have the feeling of suspense since I knew the whole plot, but it was one of the best book adaptations in recent times. Only thing that bugs me was the censoring of the swearing, made for some awkward dialogue, so I hope they'll release an unrated version of the film. Did you see the viral videos of the actual trip to Mars that were released before the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAHwvVPQZggKTgQlVF88rGw/videos

Those videos are really cool, I hadn't seen them. Thanks!

Also, what censoring? There were plenty of swears in mine.

You couldn't hear his "what the fucks" or what he wrote as a response to NASA that made everyone laugh, and also people saying "F-word" outloud is weird.
I just think it'd be cool if there was an unrated version of that because why not? :P I kinda like it when the home media version of the movie is extended or altered in some way, makes for a more interesting 2nd viewing :)

You couldn't hear his "what the fucks" or what he wrote as a response to NASA that made everyone laugh, and also people saying "F-word" outloud is weird.
I just think it'd be cool if there was an unrated version of that because why not? :p I kinda like it when the home media version of the movie is extended or altered in some way, makes for a more interesting 2nd viewing :)

Hmm, I agree and disagree.

On one hand, I think there was plenty of swears for this type of movie. Sometimes, swears are actually funnier when the word is cut off before it finishes. I often find that watching uncensored versions of TV shows (like South Park) makes them less funny.

Just watched the new episode of South Park (S19E04).
Love that there is a lot of new original music in this season (a new song almost every episode). Also love Cartman's short Bad To The Bone Reindition.

Back