NOW WATCHING

CBS announced that Two & A Half Men's season 12 will be its last ( :hello: ) and that they won't pick up How I Met Your Dad ( :hello::hello: ).

Last edited:
Wow...although I've never watched a full episode of Two & a Half Men, I'd say 12 seasons is plenty for ANY show. I'm shocked that they won't pick up a clone show written by Carter & Bays. I can't stand Greta Gerwig, though, so I can't say as though I'm saddened by the news.

Oh, I've seen all Two & A Half Men episodes. I just think it should've ended about 5 seasons ago. I don't actually mind Ashton, Charlie was getting super boring.

There were elements of the pilot CBS were unhappy with and didn't feel worked and that they wanted to do a new version of the pilot. Thomas and Bays didn't want to reshoot the pilot, putting them at an impasse with CBS. CBS did note that 20th Century Fox (who produce and own How I Met) and Thomas and Bays would be free to shop How I Met Your Dad elsewhere at this point, if they wished to.

Wow...although I've never watched a full episode of Two & a Half Men, I'd say 12 seasons is plenty for ANY show. I'm shocked that they won't pick up a clone show written by Carter & Bays. I can't stand Greta Gerwig, though, so I can't say as though I'm saddened by the news.

Low brow humor, but the early seasons were pretty damn funny. Charlie Sheen was pretty much playing Charlie Sheen .. stopped watching about 10 minutes into the first episode without him.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

It's definitely worth seeing. Nothing at all like the last one. I'm going to see it again on Monday. :D

I didn't mind the previous one, it wasn't the best film but I found it enjoyable enough. From the trailers, I think that the story/acting/etc looks better in the new one... but the monster looks worse (for me at least). I get that it looks more like the original ones, but the original ones looked like that because it was a guy in a suit - the only way they could really do it - and other than being less cheesy, this still has the same movement/shape in the trailers and it puts me off.

The trailer alone doesn't do the movie justice. Not at all. For me, it got me interested enough to go see the movie and it was like 'wow!' when I actually saw it. I'd say give it a chance if you're at least abit interested to see it.

I might go see it, not decided yet, if I go it'll likely be because someone else wants to see it and I'll go as a social thing. I know Godzilla isn't strictly a lizard as such, but I felt the previous film was far more (silly as it sounds) lizardlike in its motions and so believable for me, walking upright on 2 legs with it's tail dragging along the floor just reminds me too much of a giant Barney :P

It's a kaiju. I am not a huge fan of kaiju movies, Pacific Rim excepting, but I might go see it. To be honest, though, I'm saving my money for Days of Future Past on Friday.

I might go see it, not decided yet, if I go it'll likely be because someone else wants to see it and I'll go as a social thing. I know Godzilla isn't strictly a lizard as such, but I felt the previous film was far more (silly as it sounds) lizardlike in its motions and so believable for me, walking upright on 2 legs with it's tail dragging along the floor just reminds me too much of a giant Barney :p
Oh god... If Godzilla was a giant Barney the Dinosaur, I'd have nightmares for weeks! And instead of Atomic Breath, he'd be singing "I love you, you love me....". I'm getting chills thinking about it. o_O

Ok so yeah, they did stay true to the old Godzilla...but this one is 10 times cooler than the old one! But then again, to each his own.

but this one is 10 times cooler than the old one!

I don't doubt ;) I'm just a bit concerned that I'll be too put off by the main monster and it'll take away from the rest of the film.

DOFP has crept up, I won't be going to see it (won't go into why) but I thought it wasn't out until late summer tbh. When we get around to AoU it'll be interesting to see how you feel about the two different Quicksilvers, LC.

Låt den rätte komma in (2008) (en. Let The Right One In)

The novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist was made into a film by Tomas Alfredson, with screenplay by Ajvide Lindqvist. I read the book last year, but I only came around to actually watching the film yesterday. And what a film!

10/10.

I've decided to watch Parks & Recreation. I had it in my mind for a while, but after getting stuck in an interview spree of Aubrey Plaza who stars on the show, I've made up my mind. I like her.

Back