NOW PLAYING

While the album is really heavy, the songs are as catchy and melodic as ever. The beginning of 7 Sinners with Where the Sinners Go and Are You Metal? is a bit misleading imo. Most of it is amazing power metal. I agree that at least I'm Free should've been included too.
I listened to the album today and it's better than I remembered. ''World Of Fantasy'', ''The Sage, The Fool, The Sinner'', ''Who Is Mr. Madman'', ''If A Mountain Could Talk'', ''Raise The Noise'' and ''Where The Sinners Go'' are all very good songs (with the first two being some of my favorite songs of the band). Heavy and melodic is a great combination!
Gamma Ray - To the Metal!
Not great, though the version on Spotify is in crap quality. I spot yet another copied song in Time to Live...
''Time To Live'' is similar to the title track, but both songs are great imo. The former is one of their most catchiest songs and a personal favorite of mine.

''Time To Live'' is similar to the title track, but both songs are great imo. The former is one of their most catchiest songs and a personal favorite of mine.
I was actually talking about I Want Out, they have almost identical choruses. Kai reuses a lot of material, on LotF II there are at least 4 Maiden rip offs, but I imagine it's more like easter eggs considering how obvious he makes it.

Also, I got to second half of The Dark Ride. Salvation, I Live for Your Pain, and We Damn the Night are pretty decent, and I haven't heard Immortal enough. The title track is good, it feels really close to being the darker sibling of Halloween and KOT7K. But The Departed is probably the best song on the album. It really stands out with the big delay riff and the awesome chorus. Great singing in the verses too.

Also, I got to second half of The Dark Ride. Salvation, I Live for Your Pain, and We Damn the Night are pretty decent, and I haven't heard Immortal enough. The title track is good, it feels really close to being the darker sibling of Halloween and KOT7K. But The Departed is probably the best song on the album. It really stands out with the big delay riff and the awesome chorus. Great singing in the verses too.
Man I love most of those songs. A couple of them are pretty unique for the band, The Departed included.

I still can't believe this video was directed by Michael Bay. I mean, it's just really dramatic and almost kinda mysterious in a way you don't usually associate with him. Remember being really intrigued as a kid when I saw that.

Also, bonus über-young Angelina Jolie as the protagonist.

Attick Demons - Atlantis
Attick Demons - Citiy Of Golden Gates (top-notch song and an example of how you should slow down a chorus. Everything screams Maiden).
Bloodbound - Nosferatu (long intro, gallop and great melodies, verses and chorus. Only a solo is missing)

I wish these were Maiden songs, tbh (especially the 2nd and 3rd one). The 3rd one could fit in BNW, while the 2nd one could have been a great addition to TBOS.

Last edited:
Back