NOW PLAYING

The album cover is done by Hervé Monjeaud (he also did 5 more covers for the band).

I like the title track, ''Dethrone Tyranny'' and ''Eagle'' from this album.
I love their artwork, cool to know who it was done by. This album is really solid imo, perhaps even their 3rd best. A ranking will come before the end of the year.

I like the title track, ''Dethrone Tyranny'' and ''Eagle'' from this album.
This album felt a little less “powery” than their previous ones, which struck me as odd at the time, though it’s still very good. I also really wish he’d pronounced “tyranny” correctly, because it drives me nuts every time he sings it.

And now the one that's possibly their best...

1662916246370-png.22214
One of the best first halves of any metal album ever. Unfortunately, there are some weak spots in the second half…

One of the best first halves of any metal album ever. Unfortunately, there are some weak spots in the second half…
I agree that the first half is better overall, but No Stranger is the weakest song on the album with Lost in the Future, imo.

I agree that the first half is better overall, but No Stranger is the weakest song on the album with Lost in the Future, imo.
Crazy talk. The subdued chorus of “No Stranger” is great, and that batshit spiraling guitar solo is fucking brilliant.

“Lost In The Future” kinda sucks, though.

Crazy talk. The subdued chorus of “No Stranger” is great, and that batshit spiraling guitar solo is fucking brilliant.
I guess it'll grow on me eventually. I just don't find it very memorable. That's probably because it's followed by the best song on the album.

And now the one that's possibly their best...

View attachment 22214
The best and my favorite album of Gamma Ray! The only song I don't like is ''Lost In The Future''. The title track, ''Beyond The Black Hole'', ''No Stranger (Another Day In Life)'', ''Valley Of The Kings'', ''Watcher In The Sky'', The Winged Horse'' and ''Shine On'' are all masterpieces imo.
Valley Of The Kings is my alltime favourite GR song!
Amazing song! It's difficult for me to say which is my favorite song of the band because they are a lot.
Another great album. The cover is done by Derek Riggs. I like all but 3 songs.

Back