Nightwish

@MrKnickerbocker

The effort, which was issued in Finland this past May under the title "Mustan Sydämen Rovio", will arrive on January 24. Hietala describes the style of the LP as "hard prog", but to give his fans a first impression of what the new album is going to be like, he's also revealed the first single and video, "Stones".

Very good stuff!

The chorus reminds me of Rammstein, Spring in particular. The guitar fills at the end sound great and they give a Floydian vibe to it.
If this is how his album sounds I'll check it out for sure.

@MrKnickerbocker

The effort, which was issued in Finland this past May under the title "Mustan Sydämen Rovio", will arrive on January 24. Hietala describes the style of the LP as "hard prog", but to give his fans a first impression of what the new album is going to be like, he's also revealed the first single and video, "Stones".

I listened to the Finnish version a few months ago and it’s a really good, interesting album. Gotta say, though, the English lyrics don’t help it.

Very good stuff!

The chorus reminds me of Rammstein, Spring in particular. The guitar fills at the end sound great and they give a Floydian vibe to it.
If this is how his album sounds I'll check it out for sure.
Great riff!
I listened to the Finnish version a few months ago and it’s a really good, interesting album. Gotta say, though, the English lyrics don’t help it.
Alright, I still need to hear the Finnish version.

New NIGHTWISH studio album 'HUMAN. :II: NATURE.' to be released on April, 10th! Pre-orders start February 7th!

Tuomas once said that whenever he creates a new record he has the intention of capturing something rare and unique, a monument and a true album experience. In 2020 he’s certain to achieve his objective once again. We have completed the recordings for their 9th studio album and are proud to announce the title, artwork and tracklisting. ‘HUMAN. :II: NATURE.’ will be released on 10th April 2020.

The long-awaited record, following 2015’s critically-acclaimed ‘Endless Forms Most Beautiful’, will be a double album containing 9 tracks on the main CD and one long track, divided into eight chapters on CD 2.

The tracklisting will read as follows:
Disc 1:
01. Music
02. Noise
03. Shoemaker
04. Harvest
05. Pan
06. How's The Heart?
07. Procession
08. Tribal
09. Endlessness

Disc 2:
01. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Vista
02. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Blue
03. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Green
04. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Moors
05. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Aurorae
06. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Quiet As The Snow
07. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Anthropocene (incl. "Hurrian Hymn To Nikkal")
08. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Ad Astra

81147652_10162925659395068_5682661990862946304_o.jpg

That’s not what I was expecting... but I’m incredibly intrigued. Sounds like a continuation of EFMB but an attempt to go further to the root of nature. The hype is quite real.

Disc 2:
01. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Vista
02. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Blue
03. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Green
04. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Moors
05. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Aurorae
06. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Quiet As The Snow
07. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Anthropocene (incl. "Hurrian Hymn To Nikkal")
08. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Ad Astra
Tommy's head has now been fully inserted into his own arse. In spite of this I am looking forward to the new album.

I thought that was a joke post.

I mean, Tuomas has always been pretentious as hell, but considering The Greatest Show on Earth was already a bit too much, this really threatens to drown him in his own megalomania.

I hope it's going to be really, really good or at least a glorious trainwreck. The last one really didn't age well.

Everything about this seems terrible.

But I’m looking forward to it, the last album was excellent.

I really like Endless Forms Most Beautiful. The Greatest Show on Earth is bloated, but I like it a lot more now than when it came out - mostly because the live treatment was very very good. This might be too much, we will find out in April.

Endless Forms Most Beautiful was one of their best for sure. I'm sensing that this new one will be either a huge flop or a masterpiece.

EFMB was great and the weakest thing about it was TGSOE - hopefully the individual pieces of this song contain less bloated sound FX and spoken word pieces, but I won’t get my hopes up.

I thought that was a joke post.
It was a bit 1st April.

I mean, Tuomas has always been pretentious as hell, but considering The Greatest Show on Earth was already a bit too much, this really threatens to drown him in his own megalomania.

I hope it's going to be really, really good or at least a glorious trainwreck. The last one really didn't age well.
'Endless Forms Most Beautiful' was a great album in 2015 and is a great album today. While 'The Greatest Show On Earth' was somewhat pompous and self-indulgent, the vocal parts from Floor are great and the song comes across more bearable live as it was truncated a bit.

I'll reserve full judgement for the actual music when it comes. I've found myself increasingly preferring Imaginaerum over EFMB in the longer term, which is odd, because I didn't think that much of Imaginaerum originally. The theme sounds very much in the vein of EFMB. I don't have an objection to prog as such, just the overly-profound, or rather, attempts to be overly-profound.

Back