Nightwish

I’m 100% with you and feel Yesterwynde is somewhere in the middle. It’s musically closer to Human for me but fixes a lot of the problems that album had. Not as good as Endless Forms but I think would have been considered more than a worthy follow up had it been released instead of Human.

Yeah, I think I like your "Human:Nature, but good" theory very much.

+ That quote in the article was so much rambling nonsense. IDK how you can read recent press from the band and expect that there is any realistic intention of them ever playing together again.

I actually agree with Judas' prediction that the only way we see Nightwish together again is some sort of reunion situation with Marko and Tarja back in the band. Not sure what the interpersonal relationships are like but some sort of gimmick (like a late 20th anniversary of Once celebration) is probably what's needed to get them on the road again. It's clearly a Tuomas problem and he probably has to be pushed to make it happen. I also think some members in the current band are eventually going to get tired of waiting around for Tuomas before splitting off into their own projects.
I don't think we'll see them fully reunite, but I can see a special anniversary performance where Marko and Tarja return for an encore.

Tarja's voice has held up okay, but she can't do those old songs justice anymore.

The two Floor albums are opposites for me - I have no patience for Human II Nature, but EFMB might be my favourite album the band have done. I've not had the chance to listen to the new album in full yet, but I'm quietly hoping this one is closer to the latter.
EFMB is my third favorite Nightwish album. It's remarkably consistent.

Back