Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

tough to beat Rock In Rio version of those songs though.... along with a hand full of others from that show

Yeah, that's why I really like that the approach to those songs was slightly different on LOTB tour - even if it's just small details. I really like how Bruce highlights the "FIRE IN THE SKY" part, for example. And there's some great versions of The Clansman too.

But then again, this just underlines how using material from Bruce's weaker run, along with that production, is a bit anticlimatic.

Still, I'll sure enjoy it.

not many bands are releasing BluRay (or even DVD) these days - sadly
What irks me about this is that it likely means the end of the History of... series. Left it on a cliffhanger with Adrian about to leave the band, and moving into what's literally (to me, at least) the most interesting phase in the band's history. Bruce's acrimonious exit, the Blaze years, the reunion, etc.

Bruce had a very bad case of flu during that show, so the quality of vocals is pretty bad for LOTB standards.

So, no.

As far as I can remember, he didn’t have the flu. He got very bad food poisoning at the end of their stay in Mexico and was sick as a dog by the time they headlined Rock in Rio.

I might be weird, but I thought Bruce sounded more or less ok at Rock in Rio. Of course I hear he has a bad night, but there is still something in that guys voice I love even at a bad day.
From what little I’ve heard of the show, he sounds decentish in the beginning and kinda holds it together, it is in shambles on the back half of the show. Someone posted a vid of him singing Hallowed for evidence and it was not good times.

Ya, I see about Bruce for RIR. Another possibility is that they're waiting until after the final leg next year to put out a video and maybe plan to record a different show.

Another possibility is that they're waiting until after the final leg next year to put out a video and maybe plan to record a different show.

These are very likely possibilities.

Edit: Although, I think they recorded some shows (during 2018/2019 legs) for a possible concert video. The 3rd leg is too short for that.

Last edited:
Ya, I see about Bruce for RIR. Another possibility is that they're waiting until after the final leg next year to put out a video and maybe plan to record a different show.
Probably not. This release will be similar to Live Chapter.

The album will be available in these formats:

• Digipak 2CD
  • Deluxe hardcase book 2CD
  • Triple black heavyweight vinyl
  • Limited edition heavyweight 180g Mexican Flag triple coloured vinyl
  • Digital (streaming and download)
Edit:Are we getting video at all?

Last edited:
Edit:Are we getting video at all?

No, would be my guess. I can't see the point if it would be anything like TBOS LC, i.e. streaming on youtube and only available to buy on itunes which you can only then watch on itunes.

No, would be my guess. I can't see the point if it would be anything like TBOS LC, i.e. streaming on youtube and only available to buy on itunes which you can only then watch on itunes.
It would be nice to have good quality footage of the songs. While Live Chapter isn't exactly Rock in Rio or En Vivo quality, there are still some very good performances and I watch some of the videos from time to time. The Red and the Black and The Book of Souls are two personal favourites.

I will be very disappointed if it's only audio.

OK, another thought I had is didn't we get audio only first from the Fear Of The Dark era with A Real Live/Dead One? I'm going with at least a 70% chance that we will eventually get a video and this is just a teaser because it doesn't make sense not to release a video.

OK, another thought I had is didn't we get audio only first from the Fear Of The Dark era with A Real Live/Dead One?

The two live albums (A Real Live One/A Real Dead One) were released before the concert video (Live At Donington '92) - all released in 1993 (March-November).

Also, Death On The Road live album was released in 2005 - the DVD was released in 2006.

I'm going with at least a 70% chance that we will eventually get a video and this is just a teaser because it doesn't make sense not to release a video.

I agree. Every live album from Maiden is accompanied with a video concert from the specific tour....

- Beast Over Hammersmith was full live album but half of the concert video though... (it was released 20 years after its recording).

I wouldn't count TBOS LC as a video release, it's on youtube alright and you could buy it from itunes (not anymore I think??), however, if Maiden ever take it down from youtube it's gone.

If you want a vhs copy of the 40 year old live at the rainbow, you can get one on ebay no problem, but you're completely at the mercy of Maiden if you want to see TBOS LC. If they ever decide they want it gone, like they did with the original videos for the singles of FOTD Live and HBTN Live, then it will be gone.

Back