Nicko McBrain

BDC was formed by a bunch of guys leaving Premier in 2015...makes you wonder if there's a deeper thing that happened at the company.

Well, actually, if I remember correctly, BDC is the former Premier's custom shop. In 2015 premier decided to shut their custom shop.

I liked the sound of Sonor, but I am okay with changes. The last two albums+tours had enough of its meaty, boomy ,full and energetic sound. Good that Nicko will not stop making experiments.

@Ruflux, the next one might be more in line with your taste. :)

Last edited:
Nicko performed with Ripper at his Rock N Roll Ribs 10th Anniversary celebration, including a couple Maiden tunes!

If's he boning up on it, I guess we can call that....

Wrathchild confirmed for 2020!

Is Nicko signed with Tama now? What happened with British drums? :lol:
I'd like to see him playing the Priest songs, just curiosity.

Anyway, Ripper Owens did it the best he could. NEXT! Oh Bruce…you again! :lol:

Nicko performed with Ripper at his Rock N Roll Ribs 10th Anniversary celebration, including a couple Maiden tunes!

If's he boning up on it, I guess we can call that....

Wrathchild confirmed for 2020!

They also played some Priest songs - Breaking the Law, Living After Midnight and You've Got Another Thing Comin'.

Edit: here's the full setlist.

''Wrathchild'' is pretty much confirmed for 2020! :p

Last edited:
So will he be changing kits this year during the set? Like Neil Peart during R40?
This kit looks like it's made for the later part of the LOTB set (Icarus onwards).

Also Nicko seems to be using birch wood as the primary drum wood for the first time... Premier was maple and Sonors were beech.

Interested how the new kit sounds in the Maiden mix.

So will he be changing kits this year during the set? Like Neil Peart during R40?
This kit looks like it's made for the later part of the LOTB set (Icarus onwards).

Also Nicko seems to be using birch wood as the primary drum wood for the first time... Premier was maple and Sonors were beech.

Interested how the new kit sounds in the Maiden mix.
I think this Icarus kit is just a new signature product available to the public- maybe it will be what he uses on the next tour as well. The shell on these is oak, unlike the birch on his Legend series LOTB kit

I think this Icarus kit is just a new signature product available to the public- maybe it will be what he uses on the next tour as well. The shell on these is oak, unlike the birch on his Legend series LOTB kit

If I understand correctly from Nicko interview from NAMM, the main part of the shell is still birch, while the top is fishtail oak an it also has some mahogony stripes in there.

If I understand correctly from Nicko interview from NAMM, the main part of the shell is still birch, while the top is fishtail oak an it also has some mahogony stripes in there.
Interesting, I’ll have to give that a watch - everything I’ve heard from the British Drum Co people said all oak, just like the new Icarus snare

Back