Next Iron Maiden Album?

They would still be able to do a 90's best of tour and still include songs from the 80's.
FOTD/The Clansman/BQOBD/SOTC/Holy Smoke/Futureal and 1 or two more from the 90's...
Then you could add in a few usual 80's classics and the odd surprise or two.
I would pay to see it.:)

I honestly feel that the next album will be released somewhere in 2018. At least i hope so:p

Donington 1992 is the worst live Iron Maiden album imho. Even if they re-release it I won't pay anything. And Rod'll be like: "90's bloody history tour won't make us enough bloody money because 90's were bloody bad for us commercially so better play some bloody 80's songs"

I would much rather see them not do an 90's tour and do another album. Why play again 4 albums that have 7 great songs all together (3 of them on X Factor) in them while you can do a new album with 10 great songs. And the clock is ticking... the clock is ticking... the clock is ticking...
Adrian Smith bias.

Before TBOS came out I was telling all who would listen that I thought it would be their last one. (I'm now less certain of this as I read an interview with Bruce where he made encouraging noises about another one.) I was basing my pessimism mainly on Nicko's age - if it was another 5 year gap between albums, Nicko would be 68, and at that age playing at that kind of velocity for two hours every other night on a tour is a big ask.
Prior to TBOS's release, I was hoping I would love it as much as AMOLAD and FF, and on that basis I would have been content (I wouldn't go as far as to say happy) if it was their last one, as they'd be going out on a high. It pains me to say it, but I don't think TBOS is anywhere near as good as AMOLAD or FF. To clarify, I rate those two albums as being right up there with my all-time favourites - Seventh Son & Powerslave - so I'm not saying I think TBOS is shit, just that I consider it to be a significant dip in quality. Therefore I really really hope they do another one that I can love as much as, say, AMOLAD.

It pains me to say it, but I don't think TBOS is anywhere near as good as AMOLAD or FF. To clarify, I rate those two albums as being right up there with my all-time favourites - Seventh Son & Powerslave - so I'm not saying I think TBOS is shit, just that I consider it to be a significant dip in quality.

I like Book of Souls, but it's not grabbing me quite as much as everyone else. I think it's a step up from TFF (which I overall am a bit ho-hum about), but it's not nearly as consistently strong as AMOLAD was, which is the last album of theirs I'd call pretty brilliant. Maybe if it was condensed down to a single disc it would have a stronger sense of consistency, but the band liked it how it was, so more power to them.

That said, I'm glad we got BoS at all, and that so many fans have rallied around it as a great album. I hope we do get another Maiden album, and the new Dickinson solo album he mentioned awhile back to boot.

Speaking of future Maiden, let me try to make a list of tours that have not been officially released as live LPs:

POM
SIT
NPFTD
TXF
VXI
EH
GEE...TID
TEY
AMOLAD :mad:

After Maiden retires, any guess as to which one will be the first one released? Which one would you LIKE to see released first?
(you can probably already figure out which one I want first) POM is a close 2nd.

Definitely the AMOLAD, it's a travesty that we haven't got a full live version of that album (or any official versions, apart from that B-Side). And I'd really like to hear something from the two Blaze tours, those had great setlists and Blaze sounded relatively good on some shows.

But why not all the tours? I have no doubt that they've got soundboard recordings from every tour, so I assume when they call it quits, they'll open the vaults and release them. :)

Last edited:
SIT for me .. even though I am not a massive fan of that album ... but it was a fantastic tour. I would not hold my breath on any Blaze live albums.

I'm not sure whether any of these is likely to happen, but if I could choose it would definitely be Ed Hunter. The setlist was just wonderful and Bruce was arguably at the height of his form. Add the euphoric energy of Bruce and Adrian being back in the band and there you go - best live album ever. ;) SiT is my second choice, but I don't know if they have recordings... AMoLaD would be cool as well, but the Stockholm 2006 bootleg makes a good substitute for an official release.

Hm... Maybe at some point they'll make an 'Ultimate History of Iron Maiden' box set or something like that with a couple of tracks from each tour. Like Flight 666 but across the whole live history.

Maybe they'll do their 90s tour on the 2nd leg of TBoSWT. Drop BB, Powerslave, CotD and one song from Book of Souls and replace for Afraid, Tailgunner, Bring Your Daughter and, maybe, Sign of the Cross and there you go, a pocket 90s tour to support the History IV.

About the new album, both Bruce and Steve will dive on their solo stuff on late 17-early 18. Releasing the new album in the early 2019, I'll bet that the new album will be the war horse pulling their last tour, going into 2020 and 2021, with 3 setlists arrangement. I can't see they going beyond 2021, tbh.

After that, "only" Bruce's solo career. I can't see that guy stopping before 2026

Next Iron Maiden album will be another double album with a 20 minute epic by Steve. He's not going to let Bruce have the longest Maiden song.
I guess he didn't see Bruce's new epic about flying coming. 30 minutes long. Titled 'I Believe I Can Fly'.

Don't You Think I Can Eat You
Don't You Think I Can Eat Your Ribs

X1000000

Speaking of future Maiden, let me try to make a list of tours that have not been officially released as live LPs:

POM
SIT
NPFTD
TXF
VXI
EH
GEE...TID
TEY
AMOLAD :mad:

After Maiden retires, any guess as to which one will be the first one released? Which one would you LIKE to see released first?
(you can probably already figure out which one I want first) POM is a close 2nd.
Also an official release from the recent Maiden England tour. I'd most love to see AMOLAD and not the 2007 Download show, but one where they did the entire album.

Back