Next Iron Maiden Album?

The Only ones who come really close to be even considered for duplication might be Shadows of the Valley (Wasted Years) or When the River runs Deep (Man on the Edge parts) Even though this is a Stretch
What about almost-moonchild opening of WTRRD? Am I only one who hear that?

I think it's going to be in 2018.

Here's what is going to happen:

I don't see them doing a history (classics) tour after the huge success of The Book of Souls. Bruce also said they wouldn't do another history tour, so we got some official word about this. The Book of Souls World Tour will probably end on first months of 2017 and maybe then they will do a short summer tour on Europe with classics/random (but ofc not so random) setlist. By the end of 2017, they will enter studio to record their last album. Their last album will be released in 6th july 2018, followed by a massive world tour which will happen until the end of 2019. Between 2020 and 2021, there will be the Farewell World Tour, which is going to be their last. The setlist is going to be a mix of their 17 albums, with Alexander The Great representing Somewhere In Time.

That's it.

Three years. No reason to think otherwise. They'll run into 2017 promoting TBOS, and then they'll all take some personal time. Bruce will want to do aviation stuff, Steve will have half a British Lion album written, etc. Next Maiden album probably gets made spring 2018 and released late summer or fall. This is the shortest time I see possible; it could easily be four years if something interesting comes up.

I have a feeling it won't take five years again. I could actually see them releasing an album in 2018. But first we have this album to look forward too ('cause, hey, it's not released yet!!) and then we get two years of touring. I can't wait for them to take this album out on tour.

Depends if there is a history tour after TBOS tour or not
Hopefully there will be as they don't get much chance to play any '90s stuff lately.

Edit: they last time they played a '90s song that wasn't Fear of the Dark was in 2003, but they played ATSS in 2012

The Only ones who come really close to be even considered for duplication might be Shadows of the Valley (Wasted Years) or When the River runs Deep (Man on the Edge parts) Even though this is a Stretch
9:15 in Empire of the Clouds is pretty similar to 5:30 in The Legacy. Also does anyone else hear similarities between the acoustic openings of the title track and The Talisman?

Random side note, every time I hear that guitar slide 30 seconds into The Red and the Black, I keep expecting The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg to kick in hahah

Last edited:
Even if they don't have a 90's history tour in the strict sense after this album tour, my money is still on a Play Classics! tour similar to the Gimme Ed one. There's so many festivals for them to headline.

Why would anyone want them to make another album? For crissakes Nicko is in his 60s. Bruce no longer has the range he used to.

I love the BoS. I want this to be their swan song.

Why would anyone want them to make another album? For crissakes Nicko is in his 60s. Bruce no longer has the range he used to.

I wouldn't mind if maiden put out a new album every 1-2 years of a certain consistency like Saxon or Motörhead.
more maiden can't be a bad thing surely

I honestly don't think they are capable of making bad music. There is too much talent in them for that. I'd love another album.

I'm betting on TBOS doubling as Play Classics tour. I Don't get the impression that they're going to focus that much on 00s this time,it'll probably be closer to TFF leg 2. I hope I'm wrong though.

Here's what I expect to happen:

2017 brings us a TBOS dvd as well as a solo album from both Bruce and Steve

2018: Doington 93 DVD in the early part of the year, Maiden album in the fall

I'm going to predict they'll tour for TBOS for the next couple of years, take some time off, maybe do another small history/non-album type tour in 2018, take some more time off and start working on the next album for an early 2019 release, maybe late 2018.

Steve has always made it pretty clear that the recording sessions begin
with a few ideas being brought to the table which are honed down to an album's worth of songs which they then perfect in rehearsal and record. They generally don't have leftovers that are full band recorded efforts although I'm sure the individual members will have a lot of ideas recorded to tape but they were probably deemed not good enough to spend valuable studio time on. I guess this is why Maiden haven't cashed in with an unreleased tracks album on top of their many compilations.

I don't think TBOS will be their last album in their heads at the moment. The album is so strong and the enthusiasm from it will be carried into a tour that no doubt will cover much of the globe and end with another live album/DVD release. Somewhere around this period of time there are going to be band members that will be questioning their ability to do it all again after a long breather. The problem with Maiden is that although they could easily have it in them to record another couple of albums without touring they are like kids with a new toy and will always want to go out and show it off. Deep down I feel that they will go out on the high of TBOS and will probably keep it on the road well into 2017. Possibly they will do another nostalgia tour as a farewell but if they do have another album in them realistically 2019-20 is where we would expect it.

Steve has always made it pretty clear that the recording sessions begin with a few ideas being brought to the table which are honed down to an album's worth of songs which they then perfect in rehearsal and record.

Perhaps, but everyone in the band has been saying they had less material prepared in advance this time, and recorded right after writing the songs (mostly). It's not quite the same as usual.

I'm betting on TBOS doubling as Play Classics tour. I Don't get the impression that they're going to focus that much on 00s this time,it'll probably be closer to TFF leg 2. I hope I'm wrong though.

Here's what I expect to happen:

2017 brings us a TBOS dvd as well as a solo album from both Bruce and Steve

2018: Doington 93 DVD in the early part of the year, Maiden album in the fall

Donington 1992 is the worst live Iron Maiden album imho. Even if they re-release it I won't pay anything. And Rod'll be like: "90's bloody history tour won't make us enough bloody money because 90's were bloody bad for us commercially so better play some bloody 80's songs"

I would much rather see them not do an 90's tour and do another album. Why play again 4 albums that have 7 great songs all together (3 of them on X Factor) in them while you can do a new album with 10 great songs. And the clock is ticking... the clock is ticking... the clock is ticking...

Last edited:
Back