New Single - The Writing on the Wall

The real CHILLS. Can't handle this. It has got such a magic in it... So unique. So different.
So unexpected. The video, too.

Let's embrace this moment...

Maiden never surprised me this much.
First time in my life that I thought the song wasn't by them, at first. I was blown away.

Smith/Dickinson is a letal combo.

So grateful, tonight.
6 years... I have been fully repaid.
Yep. It's different and fantastic. Excited even more for what's to come.

I reckon the video is implying the lyrics are more metaphorical than what all the Belshazzar's Feast stuff had us thinking.

also the vibe of it reminds me of "Heavy Metal" animated stuff, although I only know the South Park parody so that could be wrong.

I also get the “Heavy Metal” vibe (I have watched that film several times).

I reckon the video is implying the lyrics are more metaphorical than what all the Belshazzar's Feast stuff had us thinking.

also the vibe of it reminds me of "Heavy Metal" animated stuff, although I only know the South Park parody so that could be wrong.
I thought the same thing, "Heavy Metal" vibe with Ralph Bakshi's "Wizards", too

"Western song about riding a motorcycle and hollywood" sounds like a description of "Son of a gun" off Tattooed Millionaire.
To me it's Devil on a Hog:

"From Hollywood to Babylon ~ holy war to kingdom come" vs.
"You might see me in Tokyo To the reams of silent hill let's go"

Can you see them riding ~ can you see them riding

Bruce sounds f'kin awesome and this part of the chorus is giving me goosebumps \m/

Reactions: jcv
I tell you what. This was a nice belated birthday treat for me. My birthday was July 10. I officially celebrated 40 years of being a fan on July 9th when I saw and heard Maiden for the first time back in 1981 with Priest and Whitesnake. It's been a helluva journey and I love the new single and video and can't wait for the new album. I know a few are a bit disappointed with the song (I think it's a grower) but hopefully they will find the album more to their liking.

The real CHILLS. Can't handle this. It has got such a magic in it... So unique. So different.
So unexpected. The video, too.

Let's embrace this moment...

Maiden never surprised me this much.
First time in my life that I thought the song wasn't by them, at first. I was blown away.

Smith/Dickinson is a letal combo.

So grateful, tonight.
6 years... I have been fully repaid.
I hear you mate and can so relate to your post.
Me too, felt strange really when the song started, total chills and felt so different but good and all positive vibes to me.
I've now heard the song like 10 times or so, this is so fucking good one and I can't even dream what the rest album will be.
Glad to witness this with my fellow Maidenfans here. Thank you all, we are indeed Blood Brothers!

I might have to get extra pair of some good pants once the album is out, I might indeed need them to change in the middle of the album.
God damn, this is so good song! Fucking blew my mind totally today..

Back