New Single - The Writing on the Wall

This isn’t a typical single-style song so I don’t get the reassurance that «the other songs will be better». This is a 7:30 song, more reminiscent of TROBB , which was about 10000 times better. Seriously after the LOTB tour this is what they came up with ? This sounds like a Dickinson song but not from the Roy Z-era but from tattooed millionaire era

Reactions are already really bad outside of this forum.
I think it's closer to 6 minutes assuming all that post-video credits over the ambient sounds is not a part of the song, although it could very well be there on the album too.

I think it's closer to 6 minutes assuming all that post-video credits over the ambient sounds is not a part of the song, although it could very well be there on the album too.
On Spotify the song is 6:13 minutes long.

Reactions: jcv
It's a good song, but perhaps I was expecting a little bit more. I definitely sensed some vibes of The Book of Souls and maybe The Red and The Black, as well as the aforementioned Uriah Heep. Bruce sounds similar to how he did on TBOS. Good solos and cool riffs. I'm hoping for more fast-paced songs on the album.

O.k guys, I was wrong , the song is actually just a bit over 6 minutes long but my point still stands. This is more TROBB than speed of light, in terms of how a single sounds. It is a slow song with no uptempo bursts just like TROBB. The difference is that TROBB was very dark, atmospheric and heavy, just like how I love my Maiden.

It's a good song, but perhaps I was expecting a little bit more. I definitely sensed some vibes of The Book of Souls and maybe The Red and The Black, as well as the aforementioned Uriah Heep. Bruce sounds similar to how he did on TBOS. Good solos and cool riffs. I'm hoping for more fast-paced songs on the album.
The huskiness is here to stay, sure, but I do think he sounded phenomenal. If he keeps this up then I'd call it AMOLAD level singing in terms of quality.

I think he sounds better in TBOS - more high-pitched singing, while in this single his singing in the chorus is too low.
True, he sings lower here but the voice itself is similar imo. I'm sure we'll get to hear his high belting soon.

The riff reminds me of this. It's hard to judge It now but I Wish Bruce would sing in his Middle register

Back