New posters! Who are you?

Hi there ...I've listened to Maiden for 12yrs and am in Florida...funny I just realized Nicko lives here too...and my instrument of choice is also drums...first album I heard was Brave New World-been hooked ever since

Sorry, you'll have to go listen to Listen With Nicko. Which you should probably do anyway if you never have. The Batman joke is at the end of one of the early parts (one of the first three, I'm pretty sure).

By the way, I'm not being a jerk here: you need to hear it. It doesn't work in print.

Generally speaking, the joke tends to imply a level of closeness in the relationship between Batman and Robin, in a manner which might offend the sensitivities of a properly cultured lady or gentleman, and as such I can hardly tell it, because I'm all about that culture bitch.

Sorry, you'll have to go listen to Listen With Nicko. Which you should probably do anyway if you never have. The Batman joke is at the end of one of the early parts (one of the first three, I'm pretty sure).

By the way, I'm not being a jerk here: you need to hear it. It doesn't work in print.

Generally speaking, the joke tends to imply a level of closeness in the relationship between Batman and Robin, in a manner which might offend the sensitivities of a properly cultured lady or gentleman, and as such I can hardly tell it, because I'm all about that culture bitch.
It's the one with Maiden Japan and Purgatory. The third one I think. I know cause that's the only one I've heard. :D

thanks for the welcome guys...looks like a cool forum you have here...most forums aren't this well organized, and I would have to say Maiden seems to have the best fan base in all metal - I mean, look at how many fans are on their forums...no other band comes close in my observation...when I think to before I discovered Maiden, my main drumming influence was Lars...but then I heard Ghost of the Navigator at a friend's house, and bought BNW...then the rest of their discography...now I base my playing a lot around both Nicko's and Clive's

Hi there all, I am new to this forum but not to Maiden. I used to be on the official forum but got so annoyed on there I decided to leave. This looks like a lovely friendly place though so hope to hang out and get to know you all. My name is Katie and I have been a fan since Live After Death (strange I know, but I was initially seduced by the artwork when I was a child and the once I heard the music... waaay and haaay :) ) Anyway, thanks for reading this rambling and hello!

Hi Katie! :hello: Were you on the Fan Club forum? I'm currently on it but trying to decide if I'm going to renew my subscription.

Hi Katie! :hello: Were you on the Fan Club forum? I'm currently on it but trying to decide if I'm going to renew my subscription.

Hello :hello: yes, I was on the FC forum a while ago. I don't know what it is like now but I used to get very wound up by a couple of members on there seemingly posting deliberately inflammatory remarks. I got sucked into it a little bit and it was infuriating so I decided not to renew. It depends what you use the membership for I guess and there are / were a lot of nice people on there. How long have you been a member of the FC?

Back