New posters! Who are you?

Hello, my name is Justen, and I am 17 and I live in Indiana. I am a huge Maiden, Metallica, Hinder, and Disturbed fan. :shred:

Hey everyone,

I just joined recently, but I've been a Maiden fan for years. My name is Josh, I'm 27, and I've been a Maiden fan since 2000...I got into the band with "Brave New World" (the first Maiden cd I ever heard; I got it out of the library, and played the hell out of that album.) Years later, I own all 14 cds, and have The Final Frontier on order.

Last night was also my first Maiden concert. I drove all the way up from Cincinnati to see them in Cleveland, and was completely blown away by the show. Dream Theater are also one of my favorite bands, so it was great seeing them open for Maiden (first time seeing DT, too), and Maiden were just incredible! It was easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to, and I've been to lots of concerts over the years.

What other kind of music do I like? Well, I'm a huge fan of prog rock...like Yes, Genesis, Rush, King Crimson, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, etc. But I like all kinds of music...Black Sabbath is another favorite band. I'm a huge fan of all things Sabbath, own all 19 studio albums, and consider Ozzy and Dio to be Gods.
I was really saddened when Dio died a few months ago, and it was great that Bruce gave a tribute to Dio, before launching into "Blood Brothers" (which is also one of my favorite Iron Maiden songs.)
Anyway, that's pretty much it. Longer than it should be, but good to be here!  :)

Hey, Thanks for letting me in the Maiden Family :)

Ive Been a maiden fance since Seventh Son album... didnt get hardcore into them until about 2000 or 2001... when i found my  metal calling.

Just seen maiden for my first time last week and blew the fuck out of me. Loved it... seen it in MTL Canada.. met alot of amazing people and made some new friends. Words cant describe what maiden did for me that night.

up the irons \m/

I'm LogJam.

Have been a fan of Maiden since about 2006, and I'm in the process of buying all the studio albums (Just 4 more to go).
Can't wait for TFF, and I really hope they come to Australia next year.

There's not much else to say really.

Although I've been here for a month or two, I've always just stuck to posting in Maiden specific forums, so haven't really introduced myself yet.

I'm Jeremy, I'm 21, and I'm in my 4th year of university. Studying Film, the goal being able to get work writing screenplays. If not then Journalism!

If you want to know more about me I started a blog a couple days ago that I'll be writing in often. It's called "My Feeling Capsule". The name isn't supposed to be taken that seriously. The title is funny for people who know me. Here it is if your interested. http://feelingcapsule.wordpress.com/ If not, well then, there isn't much else to say about myself  :)

Looking forward to experiencing The Final Frontier with you guys.

Hello everyone,

I'm Daniel and I'm from Zagreb,Croatia.I'm 36 and I've been listening to Maiden since 1986 and Somewhere in time.Beside Maiden I like  a lot of other classic metal and rock bands,reading science fiction,comics and playing bass.....

Hello there. I'm Ronan, 19, from Cork in Ireland. Having been a casual fan of Maiden since 2004, I fell in love with A Matter of Life and Death in 2006 and we've lived in marital bliss ever since. I've seen Maiden twice, both times in Dublin. First in December 2006, then again three days ago. And in about 24 hours I'm leaving for Europe to see them three more times. Cannot wait.

Hey, I'm Steve.

30 next month. Loved Maiden since I heard Aces High when I was 12. Was major fan until late Blaze era, but loved Brave new World. Went off them at DoD, but started listening again recently. AMOLAD is like me being a kid again. Longest Day is amazing, but I'm also a massive fan of Bruce's 'Accident' but mostly 'Chemical Wedding', which is phenomenal!!!

Up the irons!!!

Zagreus said:
Hey, I'm Steve.

30 next month. Loved Maiden since I heard Aces High when I was 12. Was major fan until late Blaze era, but loved Brave new World. Went off them at DoD, but started listening again recently. AMOLAD is like me being a kid again. Longest Day is amazing, but I'm also a massive fan of Bruce's 'Accident' but mostly 'Chemical Wedding', which is phenomenal!!!

Up the irons!!!
Baron Ronan said:
Hello there. I'm Ronan, 19, from Cork in Ireland. Having been a casual fan of Maiden since 2004, I fell in love with A Matter of Life and Death in 2006 and we've lived in marital bliss ever since. I've seen Maiden twice, both times in Dublin. First in December 2006, then again three days ago. And in about 24 hours I'm leaving for Europe to see them three more times. Cannot wait.
Eternaut said:
Hello everyone,

I'm Daniel and I'm from Zagreb,Croatia.I'm 36 and I've been listening to Maiden since 1986 and Somewhere in time.Beside Maiden I like  a lot of other classic metal and rock bands,reading science fiction,comics and playing bass.....

Great stories, guys! Welcome to Maidenfans!  :hello:

Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Stan, from New York, been a Maiden fan ever since I was a little kid, happy to be here!

Man, for some reason, my rating went back to 0. Curses!  :bigsmile:

Stan said:
Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Stan, from New York, been a Maiden fan ever since I was a little kid, happy to be here!

Man, for some reason, my rating went back to 0. Curses!   :bigsmile:

People have the choice to rate your number up or down, depending on your attitude, how annoying they think you are, etc. haha you are given this opportunity when you hit 50 posts.

I'm UnknownOne (this is my 2nd nick as my usual one has a censored word on these forums  :S ) .

Been a fan of Maiden since probably early-mid 2006, when my dad got me to listen to Caught Somewhere in Time and it literally blew my mind (still my favourtie song btw B) ). Went to the Somewhere Back in time tour in Melbourne in early '08, and it reinforced the point that I made the right choice as to the best type of music in the whole world :rocker:
Really want them to come back to Australia so I can catch them again!
And also hanging out for The Final Frontier which is only 2 weeks away!  :yey:

LooseCannon said:
And it's essentially meaningless, anyway.

Welcome, Stan.

Yeah, we're the same folks that tell losers that it's not important if you win or lose, but how you played the game :p Welcome aboard. Seriously though... it's how you play the game...

LooseCannon said:
What's your usual nickname?

Emperor Badger. I'm guessing that Badger is filtered due to that amazingly annoying song concerning badgers plastered all over the net.

But it's ok, I guess using my 2nd nick every once in a while won't hurt :)

LooseCannon said:
If you want to change it, I can undo the censorship. That was....8 years ago.

Nah, it's ok. I mean a change from the usual is meant to be good for you, right? :)

Back