New posters! Who are you?

Um, I'm new here. My name is Gemma, I'm 15 and I live in Canada. I've been a Maiden fan for about a year. I sometimes feel a bit disappointed that I didn't discover metal earlier, like when I was really little, but my parents hate metal.
I'm a musician. I play drums, piano, bass, drums, mandolin and trumpet (but mostly just drums).
I have nothing else to say. I'm pretty uninteresting. C:

Oh and I saw Maiden in June when they came to Vancouver. It was the best night of my life! :D

tonyfingers said:
Um, I'm new here. My name is Gemma, I'm 15 and I live in Canada. I've been a Maiden fan for about a year. I sometimes feel a bit disappointed that I didn't discover metal earlier, like when I was really little, but my parents hate metal.
I'm a musician. I play drums, piano, bass, drums, mandolin and trumpet (but mostly just drums).
I have nothing else to say. I'm pretty uninteresting. C:

Oh and I saw Maiden in June when they came to Vancouver. It was the best night of my life! :D

Welcome aboard!  :bigsmile:

tonyfingers said:
Um, I'm new here. My name is Gemma, I'm 15 and I live in Canada.

Your from Vancouver as well? I was holding the barrier for half the show.

Hey there.

My name is Kyle.  I'm 21 and I live near Chicago.  Unfortunately I didn't discover Maiden until pretty recently.  It was December of 2008 and I bought The Essential Iron Maiden collection on a whim and was blown away from the first song. (Paschendale)

That also means that this is the first time that I've ever had to wait to listen to a new album and the wait is KILLING ME. :lol:

Welcome aboard Kyle. As you buy Maiden's CDs you'll come to realize how unessential the "essential maiden" really is. There is no way to make a truly comprehensive compilation, but it's good for exposure.

I totally agree. In the time since I have listened to and loved all of their material. There really is no way to capture everything on a "best of" compilation, but it is a good way for any new person to experience maiden without feeling overwhelmed.

Edit from first post: It was actually December 2007 when I first discovered Maiden. I saw them in 08 on the SBIT tour. It was still too late though.  :blush:

Glad to have you here, Kyle! We've actually talked in the Final Frontier thread, but I'd thought I'd come here and give you a proper greeting. Welcome to Maidenfans!

G'day, I'm Xodus. I'm 21 and I live in Australia. I've been a Maiden fan for a few years now, but with the anticipation of The Final Frontier I finally decided to look for a Maiden forum. I hope to stick around, and I look forward to posting here. ^___^

cornfedhick said:
Welcome.  Like the name Lampwick -- wasn't that the kid who turned into a donkey in Pinnochio?

You know, I'm not sure. It is just sort of this random nickname that I started using with my friends that I kind of like.

Oh hello.

23 year old, recent broadcasting department college graduate, huge maiden dork.

Iron Maiden will always be second in my heart, but they've been second since I was 8, so I'm pretty sure they're not going anywhere.

It's been many over the years, but for the last five it's been a fellow by the name of Devin Townsend. Canadian prog metal genius, really.

Hello maiden fans, new here. I only became a maiden fan in summer 08' (unfortunely) but they are truly the greatest musicians I have ever heard. I saw them for the first time in July at MSG, what a show they put on, especially for their age!! I plan on being at the store once TFF is released and then driving around for 77mins aimlessly in my camaro blasting it. Oh and i almost forgot ive been lurking on this forum for a long time until now, i figured its about time to get in on the community. pleased to be here!!

The one and only Iron Maiden!!!!   

43 years old, first album was NOTB in about Grade 9, first show World Slavery tour, December 1984, Pacific Coliseum Vancouver. Still live on the Canadian west coast and its nice to see a few other Canucks on here.
Took my 14- and 11-year-old daughters to the Vancouver show in June and am proud to say they are ready to carry on the tradition.
Doubt there are many kids out there who entered Como Estais Amigos as their favourite song in a kindergarten poll.
Just discovered this board this summer and have really enjoyed the company.

I've been lurking in the Final Frontier discussion for a while, so I thought I might as well introduce myself.  I'm 23, and I first got into maiden in 2002 (Fear of the Dark live... what else?)  Dance of Death was the first record I EVER bought on its release date.  I saw my first show in Seattle in '05, and subsequently saw Maiden twice in Toronto (AMOLD, SBIT), and twice in my hometown of Vancouver (SBIT, FFF). I think I might have had an account here back in the early/mid-00's... although its been long enough that I don't remember what my user name or password was. The Iron Maiden Commentary really helped me get into and appreciate a lot of the Maiden back catalogue as I was always more into the post-reunion stuff. Those are the albums I grew up with, those are the albums I love.

Brave New World is my all-time favorite album, followed closely by The Chemical Wedding. I also like rocking out to Deep Purple, Megadeth, Pink Floyd, Muse, Porcupine Tree, Rainbow, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Jethro Tull, Blaze... and various points in between.

That kind of felt like the metal version of a dating classified. Or the Maiden version of AA.

Cmaro214 said:
Hello maiden fans, new here. I only became a maiden fan in summer 08' (unfortunely) but they are truly the greatest musicians I have ever heard. I saw them for the first time in July at MSG, what a show they put on, especially for their age!! I plan on being at the store once TFF is released and then driving around for 77mins aimlessly in my camaro blasting it. Oh and i almost forgot ive been lurking on this forum for a long time until now, i figured its about time to get in on the community. pleased to be here!!

The one and only Iron Maiden!!!!   
mckindog said:
43 years old, first album was NOTB in about Grade 9, first show World Slavery tour, December 1984, Pacific Coliseum Vancouver. Still live on the Canadian west coast and its nice to see a few other Canucks on here.
Took my 14- and 11-year-old daughters to the Vancouver show in June and am proud to say they are ready to carry on the tradition.
Doubt there are many kids out there who entered Como Estais Amigos as their favourite song in a kindergarten poll.
Just discovered this board this summer and have really enjoyed the company.
SpaceCoyote said:
I've been lurking in the Final Frontier discussion for a while, so I thought I might as well introduce myself.  I'm 23, and I first got into maiden in 2002 (Fear of the Dark live... what else?)  Dance of Death was the first record I EVER bought on its release date.  I saw my first show in Seattle in '05, and subsequently saw Maiden twice in Toronto (AMOLD, SBIT), and twice in my hometown of Vancouver (SBIT, FFF). I think I might have had an account here back in the early/mid-00's... although its been long enough that I don't remember what my user name or password was. The Iron Maiden Commentary really helped me get into and appreciate a lot of the Maiden back catalogue as I was always more into the post-reunion stuff. Those are the albums I grew up with, those are the albums I love.

Brave New World is my all-time favorite album, followed closely by The Chemical Wedding. I also like rocking out to Deep Purple, Megadeth, Pink Floyd, Muse, Porcupine Tree, Rainbow, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Jethro Tull, Blaze... and various points in between.

That kind of felt like the metal version of a dating classified. Or the Maiden version of AA.

Welcome all!  :hello:

Back