New posters! Who are you?

Don't listen to the Dave chatter, they're just confused :p

Welcome Brain!

I'm genuinely totally dumbfounded (--& confused! :D)
It's not that people like Adrian, I get that. But it's so emphatic. There's barely a handful of Janick or Dave fans on the whole forum.

Depends on what you mean by 'fan'. Is that an absolute, exclusive thing? I consider myself a fan of all three, H, Dave and Jan.

I'm genuinely totally dumbfounded (--& confused! :D)
It's not that people like Adrian, I get that. But it's so emphatic. There's barely a handful of Janick or Dave fans on the whole forum.
I love Dave's playing too but, Adrian Smith is a lot more colorful i
Depends on what you mean by 'fan'. Is that an absolute, exclusive thing? I consider myself a fan of all three, H, Dave and Jan.
Exac. I love all 3 but Adrian is more tasteful while Dave is more shred your face off and Janick is great with improvising. All three bring something to the Round Table of Maiden

Yep. He should totally taken Nicko's place. He should have taken Clive's place way back when and maybe Stratton could have come back. :p

How had I not have seen that video with Bruce playing the drums? Fun stuff.

About the guitarist debate, I like all three (especially H and Dave). I can say that most of the time Dave and Janick excite me but Adrian sends chills down my spine.

How had I not have seen that video with Bruce playing the drums? Fun stuff.

About the guitarist debate, I like all three (especially H and Dave) but I can say that most of the time Dave and Janick excite me, Adrian sends chills down
I dont understand Janick hate. I mean, yeah he changes up live solos but he's just improvising.

Hello everyone! I'm from Czech Republic (Prague, to be specific :whogivesafuck: ) and I have been a Maiden fan since I was 5 or 6 (thanks, pop). In addition to Maiden I really like metal (Priest, Metallica, Sabbath, Anthrax, Accept), my pet genre is probably progressive thrash (Toxik, Heathen, Voivod), but I also like extreme metal sans black (Death, Atheist, Cryptopsy, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation…) :edmetal:
And yeah, power metal is good too, but only the good one - Blind Guardian, early Helloween (and some of the latter cuts, too), some Gamma Ray, the first two Avantasia albums... and my guilty pleasure, Rhapsody of Fire! :innocent: :D

Besides that I'm completely crazy about classic prog (Rush, Jethro Tull, Yes, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Gentle Giant), classic hard rock (Thin Lizzy, LedZep, Nazareth, Rainbow, UFO, Kiss, Scorpions) and so on.

And - of course - the Beatles. And the Hollies. And Bowie. And Lindisfarne. I really don't like to set boundaries, you see.

Putting music aside, in my spare time I love books (reading and trying to write - would like to be a writer one day), swimming, singing (used to be in a band, now I'm only pining for the glory days, boring everyone out of their minds :bigsmile: ) ...
I would love to try fencing one day, but no such luck so far... :fencing:

Some of my thoughts on Maiden are probably rather controversial:
- I like both Blaze and the albums he appeared on (the latter however much more than the former)
- I love Janick and really don't mind he "butchers" some of the H's solos live
- I like the FOTD album in its entirety (yes, INCLUDING Weekend Warrior and The Apparition; I could live without Chains of Misery, though). Yeah, I was born in the same year that album was. And yes, it's only a coincidence. ;)

And I don't think H is the greatest guitarist in the world (because Davey Murray is :p ).

And - being Czech - my English can sometimes be too heavy handed or whatever; I know it's not an excuse, but I do my best, so sorry if you feel as if it could be better :D

Back