New posters! Who are you?

I'll assume you're a Black Hawks fan, then?

On behalf of Canada, you're welcome for Jonathan Toews.

Honestly, I live closer to St Louis... Blues fan.  Haven't had the chance to see many games this season, just pop online once in a while to see how the standings are.  But I think I'll be able to catch the Blues v Blackhawks tonite...

Blues fan!?!  Then you're welcome for Kariya!  That's a club with a good future, the new ownership has done very well.

Ah, then thanks for him!  Yeah, I think they have come a long way since the post-lockout firesale.  I have to say, I miss the days of Pronger and Mac... but the new team looks good so far!

I'll have to check into the hockey thread...

Oh, Al MacInnis.  I'm from about a 2 hour drive to Port Hood, and have met Al twice now.

I am jealous!!!  I saw him play in person once, years ago-- never got an autograph... You are lucky!!

wasted155 said:
Ah, then thanks for him!  Yeah, I think they have come a long way since the post-lockout firesale.  I have to say, I miss the days of Pronger and Mac... but the new team looks good so far!

I'll have to check into the hockey thread...

Or the days of Hull and Oates. Oddly very similar to Hall and Oates the musical geniuses that brought us "Man Eater"

They say there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i think you may have crossed that...

wasted155 said:
They say there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i think you may have crossed that...

I know you're new so let me let you in on a little secret... I crossed that line a LOOOONG time ago :D

Evening all, the name's Horror Nut. I'm an 18 year old Uni student at Greenwich......one of the only students at Greenwich to actually like hard rock and metal lol. Joined up about a week or so ago after finally finding an Iron Maiden forum that actually included discussions on.....well Iron Maiden lol. :bigsmile:

I am a huge rock/metal fan, as well as a huge horror fan......hence the username lol. Maiden are my music heroes, and I shall finally get to see them live when they hit Twickers in July.

So........hello everyone lol!!! :ninja:

Good evening, I'm R.B. Huckleberry. I'm a married father of two. I'm soon to be 38 years of age (this March, actually).

My first concert was Iron Maiden in Worcester, MA on 1/15/1985. I've been playing guitar and listening to Iron Maiden ever since. Never occurred to me to hunt down a Maiden forum before now. Forgive my shortsightedness.

I have varied tastes in music, but really: the hard rock of my youth has remained in constant rotation for over 2 decades now. So it's safe to say I'm a hard rocker/metalhead.

Hi there all fellow Maiden fans.

My name is Martin, I'm 29 years old (30 this May). I am the lead singer in a local metal band called 40 Hands. We hail from Cumbria, North West England. I also play drums but not for the band. If ya wanna know more check out our website, which should be on my profile somewhere!  :)

I know it's a crime but I haven't seen Maiden live yet but been a fan since... well a long time ago. Probably since '88 or '89.

Oh, God, this is embarassing.  But here we go:

I have a dark and dirty secret.  I'm going to be 38 years old in a few months, and I finally listened to my first Maiden record last week.  There's a definite reason for this, but it's pretty boring, so you have been warned.  ;)

When I was 12, I was first exposed to Maiden by a group of punk kids whom I really didn't want to emulate in the slightest.  I figured that, if these morons were Maiden fans, I wanted nothing to do with the band.  I moved on to other stuff--Crue, WASP, Pantera, blah blah blah.  And, anytime anybody asked me if I listened to Maiden, I'd just tell them no.  I had no interest.  Didn't like them at all.

I got a lot of funny looks, as you can imagine.

A friend of mine, however, realized that there was a wrong to be righted in this world.  When I told him I wasn't interested in Maiden, he basically said to me, "Look, you're my friend, so I have to tell you:  you're a fucking idiot.  Go out and buy Powerslave RIGHT NOW and listen to it.  Put on some headphones and listen to it, start to finish, with no interruptions.  If you're still convinced that there's no reason to be a Maiden fan, then so be it--although I may disown you forever."  :p

Thank God for friends who tell you when you're being stupid, right?  I wouldn't get anywhere in the world without 'em.  :lol:

I've been a Maiden fan for a week now.  I picked up Powerslave first, then ran right out and bought Somewhere in Time.  Picked up Killers, too, just to hear the early stuff.  I love 'em all.

But I gotta say:  Somewhere In Time is a GODDAMNED MUSICAL MASTERPIECE.  Holy Shit.  "Sea of Madness"...I can listen to that over and over again.  In fact, I put that one track on repeat for about two hours the other day.

So here I am, making up for 20+ lost years of fantastic metal.  I've been listening with the headphones on and cranked up to alarming levels, while poring over the album covers in detail.  Even drew a picture of Eddie.  Figured that joining a Maiden forum was the next logical step, although I really gotta find some hi-res, album-sized scans of the art for Somewhere In Time.  These tiny CD covers ain't doing them justice, I can tell.

Now all I gotta do is figure out how to get my ass in a seat for this year's world tour.  My favorite Maiden album...being performed in concert AGAIN!  I missed it the first time--won't miss it this time.

My wife, by the way, thinks I'm nuts.  I'm sure she's getting tired of the same three albums being played nonstop.  Poor girl.  Guess I'll need to go out and pick up another Maiden record, just to mix it up a little.  :lol:

I don't have much to say.

My name is Bruno i live in a small town in northeast of Brazil called Natal. The first time i listened maiden was when they made that gig at Rock in Rio in 2001 and since then they are the soundtrack of my life. In march i'll see them live for the first at Sao Paulo. It's a dream that will come true. 

Welcome aboard guys. I envy everyone that just got into Maiden...oh, what a wonderful world you are about to explore!

The first time i listened maiden was when they made that gig at Rock in Rio in 2001 and since then they are the soundtrack of my life.

You sure had one hell of an introduction!

But I gotta say:  Somewhere In Time is a GODDAMNED MUSICAL MASTERPIECE.  Holy Shit.  "Sea of Madness"...I can listen to that over and over again

AMEN!

Figured that joining a Maiden forum was the next logical step, although I really gotta find some hi-res, album-sized scans of the art for Somewhere In Time

1500x1500 pixels good enough for 'ya? 

http://zare.jezgra.net/misc/front.jpg
http://zare.jezgra.net/misc/back.jpg

:D

By the way, check your PM.

Zare said:
Welcome aboard guys. I envy everyone that just got into Maiden...oh, what a wonderful world you are about to explore!

Indeed.  It's very exciting.  Like being a teenager again.  This must be my mid-life crisis.  :lol:

Zare said:
1500x1500 pixels good enough for 'ya? 

Perfect!  Thanks, bro!

Back