New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LC, i don't think it's about Flash. That small player applet streams songs from the location that you can see in my post. And that file is no more. All files (songs) are - 404.

They are still working for me.

I must admit, I have no willpower whatsoever, I've listened to these about 10 times each.

Satellite 15 sounds pretty trippy and weird

El Dorado we all know

Mother of Mercy has a cool calm intro with some nice vocals

Coming Home feels a bit wordy, but I bet the chorus will be grand

The Alchemist feels really old school Maiden and a nice refrain

Isle of Avalon I assume this is the intro and it sounds like the mid section of Seventh Son

Starblind didn't really impress me, cool riff though, cool melody

Talisman sounds like Legacy part 2

The Man Who Would Be King cool melody too

When The Wild Wind Blows will be amazing.  Very I want to say poppy vocal line but not poppy, catchy. 

Can't wait to hear more!

Hmm...so i presume they didn't have permission in first place.

I managed to listen to all of 'em couple of hours ago @ work. One thing i can say - i can't fucking wait for August 16th.
Ranko, do we have confirmed Croatian date of release? I'd really like to buy the CD, put it in my stereo, light one up and enjoy the ride. Don't want to spoil myself with some bad MP3 rip...However we might have lossless rip around the net day or two after the release.

For you legal assholes out there, i have no moral issues with downloading new Maiden album in full quality. I'm going to buy the CD anyhow.

Donner, are you sure you're really streaming the stuff, maybe the player is pulling out data from your local cache.
Which reminds me, i might check the cache on my computer @ work.

Zare said:

Donner, are you sure you're really streaming the stuff, maybe the player is pulling out data from your local cache.
Which reminds me, i might check the cache on my computer @ work.

That's possible since I'm reading how many folks can't access these samples now. 

Zare said:

I managed to listen to all of 'em couple of hours ago @ work. One thing i can say - i can't fucking wait for August 16th.
Ranko, do we have confirmed Croatian date of release? I'd really like to buy the CD, put it in my stereo, light one up and enjoy the ride. Don't want to spoil myself with some bad MP3 rip...However we might have lossless rip around the net day or two after the release.

Yeah, the release date is the same as everywhere else. August 16th is Monday, I'm sure that loseless rips will be available on the same day.

Also, some of the guys on this forum said that in some countries the album is released a few days earlier, so who knows.

^ hehe, good, i just pulled them out of the cache, wanted to upload them myself  :D

August 16th it is. I might wait for that following weekend, to listen in complete solitude.

The Alchemist's riff reminds me of the riff from I Live My Way (B-side from one of the X-Factor sessions), just played a little faster.

Check it out on youtube, from 1:13 - 1:26 and 1:41 - 2:09.

As Donner wrote earlier, The Talisman seems like The Legacy part 2. :D

The Man Who Would Be King indeed could be based on the movie/novel ("as he journeys through mountain passes").

I was so excited I had to start posting here...

Steve's final epic track gave me chills.  Cannot wait for this record!  Reminds me of Brave New World / AMOLAD / Bruce solo work all rolled together.  I could not be more stoked.

I'm definitely feeling Bruce's solo work in these samples.  Coming Home seems like it's totally going to one-up "Out of the Shadows" as Maiden's epic power ballad of the century.
And also, the reason the samples are still working for some and not others is because they are cached by your browser.  I just cleared my browser cache after listening to the samples, and they are unlistenable now.  Great teaser though!

chaosapiant said:
I'm definitely feeling Bruce's solo work in these samples.  Coming Home seems like it's totally going to one-up "Out of the Shadows" as Maiden's epic power ballad of the century.

The lyrics alone sounded amazing.

The build on Mother of Mercy under the lyrics "I'm a solider of war..." sounds like it will be epic

EDIT: The guitar line on The Alchemist sounds very reminiscent of Bruce's Silver Wings.  :edmetal:

Wasn't the Talisman written by Gers? Makes sense then that it sounds like the Legacy Pt. 2.

Do I listen or not???!!!! Ahhhhhhhh I can't help myself....

Mother of Mercy sounds epic!

Wow, The Man Who Would Be King... just wow

...When the Wild Wind Blows... this will be epic.

Man I'm psyched and surprisingly not regretting listening. It didn't really spoil it that much.

Omg, I fell in love with the intro to Satellite 15 :wub: :wub: :wub:

God, the guitar is so much like Pink Floyd (I LOVE PINK FLOYD((not as much as Maiden though))), but it's a so much heavier version... and those DRUMS. God, I'm going to be so happy in the first 4 minutes of the album.

Mother of Mercy = Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The first few seconds are VERY good, shame it cuts RIGHT into the heavy part. This is going to be a GREAT one.

Coming Home = I can't say too much about this one with just the 30 seconds... I don't think it captured the best part of the song. :\

The Alchemist = Niiiiiice, very up tempo! Just like the reviews said, very reminiscent of old Maiden! :edmetal:

Isle Of Avalon = I had a feeling on the very first day the track listing was released that this was going to be a proggy wave of weirdness + fun. I seem to be right. :smartarse:

Starblind = Like others have said, nothing special. I really dig the guitars and drums though.

The Talisman = OMG, insta-love. Bruce's voice is so creepy and mystical in this!

The Man Who Would Be King = Much like Coming Home, they didn't capture the best part I believe.

When the Wild Wind Blows = YES! Someone here posted a clip of the movie it was based on, and this reflects it EXACTLY!

Yeah, a mini-review. : P

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Starblind will be a great tune.  The higher melody over the irregular chords / beat remind me of a tweaked version of Lord of Light, which is not a bad thing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back