New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffmetal said:
So you should do the same on the post you translated into english from google.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://forum.maidenfans.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=246906#p246906 I'm not too worried about it.

A translation:

A brand new album from Iron Maiden is a major event and we always expect the best from this legendary band. But nothing has prepared us to the incredible sonic assault starting this fifteenth album. An onslaught of brutally heavy and atonal riffs, tribal percussions layers and an atmospheric touch à la Somewhere in Time (1986) are heard in the Overture of this ambitious album, which is epic in every way. As opposed to every album since Seventh Son of a Seventh son (1988), the first track is not a single but an eight and a half minute number. Satelite 15.... The Final Frontier, starting with a direct approach from Adrian Smith, really close from a UFO: a very vibrant title destined to become one of your best track live. The tracklist setup is very crucial. The catchy El Dorado, the hymn Mother of Mercy and the supreme Coming Home, temper the listener with their powerful riffs and their great melodies but it is clear from the beginning that The Final Frontier  becomes as adventurous as its title suggests. Based on keyboards, Starblind  mixes arythmic (staggering?) and mastered percussions by Nicko Mcbrain and a great vocal performance by Bruce Dickinson. The Talisman, co-written by Janick Gers, delivers a theatrical atmosphere very appreciated by the fans and in which the band always succeeds. Isle of Avalon meets the Welsh (Celtic?) mythology while the band creates an incredible tension leading to an excellent section from bassist Steve Harris, to one of his most expressive solo we have heard on an Iron Maiden album for a very long time. As strong as the album is, the best is kept for the end with an eleven minutes take entitled Where the Wild Wind Blows. Harris, admitting his style can be predictable, has chosen not to include slow crescendos and galloping explosions; he simplifies his approach, keeping a steady ambiance throughout the entire track. The result: one of the most brilliant composition, with its Celtic melody, the retained speaking of Bruce Dickinson, and the tragic character from Steve Harris that will make the listener travel in the higher spheres.
We are pleased when our favortite bands release good albums after a long carreer, but the way Iron Maiden is reinventing itself is extraordinary. The last four albums were their greatest creative period since their glorious days from the 80’s and The Final Frontier is another peak in their carreer.

Adrien Begrans

OMG! A bass solo! SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!! And WTWWB being described as "Celtic". YESSSSS!!!

As if the next month and a half isn't going to go by slow enough. Geeeeee, thanks Jeff for making it even worse! :lol: :P

As opposed to every album since Seventh Son of a Seventh son (1988), the first track is not a single but an eight and a half minute number.

Did this guy hear Sign Of The Cross?

Jeffmetal said:
As opposed to every album since Seventh Son of a Seventh son (1988), the first track is not a single but an eight and a half minute number.
That's wrong because Sign Of The Cross from X Factor wasn't a single either.

well after reading these reviews this probly wont happen but ever since the tracklisting came out i thought Mother of Mercy would be an instrumental i also thought even before the album announcement that there would be one.

hockeyguy666 said:
well after reading these reviews this probly wont happen but ever since the tracklisting came out i thought Mother of Mercy would be an instrumental i also thought even before the album announcement that there would be one.

Is that a spoiler? I mean, I don't read reviews on purpose, in order to be more excited when I play the album, but maybe it's exagerated to say that people are not allowed to talk about the upcoming album in this manner?

Maybe I should just stay away from this topic for a while. ;)

Jeffmetal said:
Ranko and Will-I-Am and othewr french mates, the scan is here!

Oh, I'm not French, I'm Croatian. :D The one line from the preview (avant-premiere etc) was pretty understandable (and relatable to Italian grammar which I do know rather well).

Thank you for the translation though, I'm very excited about the album. From the review, it looks like TFF could be a kind of fusion of all styles from BNW to AMOLAD.

Man, that sure sounds exciting!!  Especially the bits about the different sorts of drumming and keyboards.  Can't friggen wait for this album.  :edmetal:

Jeffmetal said:
A translation:

A brand new album from Iron Maiden is a major event and we always expect the best from this legendary band. But nothing has prepared us to the incredible sonic assault starting this fifteenth album. An onslaught of brutally heavy and atonal riffs, tribal percussions layers and an atmospheric touch à la Somewhere in Time (1986) are heard in the Overture of this ambitious album, which is epic in every way. As opposed to every album since Seventh Son of a Seventh son (1988), the first track is not a single but an eight and a half minute number. Satelite 15.... The Final Frontier, starting with a direct approach from Adrian Smith, really close from a UFO: a very vibrant title destined to become one of your best track live. The tracklist setup is very crucial. The catchy El Dorado, the hymn Mother of Mercy and the supreme Coming Home, temper the listener with their powerful riffs and their great melodies but it is clear from the beginning that The Final Frontier  becomes as adventurous as its title suggests. Based on keyboards, Starblind  mixes arythmic (staggering?) and mastered percussions by Nicko Mcbrain and a great vocal performance by Bruce Dickinson. The Talisman, co-written by Janick Gers, delivers a theatrical atmosphere very appreciated by the fans and in which the band always succeeds. Isle of Avalon meets the Welsh (Celtic?) mythology while the band creates an incredible tension leading to an excellent section from bassist Steve Harris, to one of his most expressive solo we have heard on an Iron Maiden album for a very long time. As strong as the album is, the best is kept for the end with an eleven minutes take entitled Where the Wild Wind Blows. Harris, admitting his style can be predictable, has chosen not to include slow crescendos and galloping explosions; he simplifies his approach, keeping a steady ambiance throughout the entire track. The result: one of the most brilliant composition, with its Celtic melody, the retained speaking of Bruce Dickinson, and the tragic character from Steve Harris that will make the listener travel in the higher spheres.
We are pleased when our favortite bands release good albums after a long carreer, but the way Iron Maiden is reinventing itself is extraordinary. The last four albums were their greatest creative period since their glorious days from the 80’s and The Final Frontier is another peak in their carreer.

Adrien Begrans

I almost fainted when i read this. Nice work :yey:

Wait a minute  :)

Jeffmetal said:
A translation:

A brand new album from Iron Maiden is a major event and we always expect the best from this legendary band. But nothing has prepared us to the incredible sonic assault starting this fifteenth album. An onslaught of brutally heavy and atonal riffs, tribal percussions layers and an atmospheric touch à la Somewhere in Time (1986) are heard in the Overture of this ambitious album, which is epic in every way. As opposed to every album since Seventh Son of a Seventh son (1988), the first track is not a single but an eight and a half minute number. Satelite 15.... The Final Frontier, starting with a direct approach from Adrian Smith, really close from a UFO: a very vibrant title destined to become one of your best track live. The tracklist setup sequence is very crucial. The catchy El Dorado, the hymn Mother of Mercy and the supreme Coming Home, temper the listener with their powerful riffs and their great melodiesbut it is clear from the beginning that The Final Frontier  becomes as adventurous as its title suggests. but it takes a little time for TFF becomes as adventurous as its title suggests. Based on keyboards, Starblind  mixes arythmic (staggering?) vibrant and mastered percussions by Nicko Mcbrain and a great vocal performance by Bruce Dickinson. The Talisman, co-written by Janick Gers, delivers a theatrical atmosphere very appreciated by the fans and in which the band always succeeds. Isle of Avalon meets the Welsh(Celtic? yes) mythology while the band creates an incredible tension leading to an excellent section from bassist Steve Harris, to one of his most expressive solo we have heard on an Iron Maiden album for a very long time. As strong as the album is, the best is kept for the end with an eleven minutes take entitled Where the Wild Wind Blows. Harris, admitting his style can be predictable, has chosen not to include slow crescendos and galloping explosions; he simplifies his approach, keeping a steady ambiance throughout the entire track. The result: one of the most brilliant composition, with its Celtic melody, the retained speaking of Bruce Dickinson, and the tragic character from Steve Harris that will make the listener travel in the higher spheres.

Adrien Begrans

What I put in bold can change a little the things, isn't it ??  :)

Anyway, this isn't that important as the other thing I wanted to say : People, please, use spoiler tags. It's not an order, it's a kind suggestion.
You don't need to be told by a mod to do so or not, just use your own logic : Something that can destroy the surprise IS a spoiler
My 5 cents.

"The Talisman, co-written by Janick Gers, delivers a theatrical atmosphere" This gets me really excited. I'm Always a fan of Janicks song writing. I think it's where he excels. I expect this will be just like Janicks  Dance of Death, and The Legacy. Both have slow acoustic intros, and are very atmospheric.

mozzle said:
I expect this will be just like Janicks  Dance of Death, and The Legacy. Both have slow acoustic intros, and are very atmospheric.

If it's like the former, I'd be amazed, but if it's like the latter, I'd be bored.

I thought you were feench, guys. :D I did out spoiler in every of these posts, but Fonzbear came with the SMX warning that spoliers about the albu were getting annying. I did put spoilers using my good sense. So I'll do it again as anotrher review comes along.

Thanx for the corrections, Will-I-Am. :ok:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back